Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Miguel A Fool?

United States
    He wasn't gay. Honestly, did you see how drab the walls were?

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    He wasn't gay. Honestly, did you see how drab the walls were?

United States
    Doesn't the military have a don't ask don't tell policy anyways?
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    Good golly I though that was a joke. I didn't know that was actually true. UHG! Miguel is my least favorite character in Day and the only actor who though was overacting, like many people who hate Day say.

Chasing Prey

Canada

yes they do,but people find ways to know which is a shame. cuz i dont care what a guy or girl is,if they can keep me alive and vice versa,i wouldnt care if they were a gay racist with ties to the KKK.

but the military hunders progress,cuz what if the one gay guy u kick out knows houw to speak arabic?

United States
    Miguel CAN'T be gay! He was a HORRIBLE dresser! And his personal cleanliness...there's just no way.

Sunny Gulfland, Within sight of the Beautiful Manatee River
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    but the military hunders progress,cuz what if the one gay guy u kick out knows houw to speak arabic?
    Don't you understand that they CAN'T allow Gay recruits to stay in, men are skeered somebody might be looking at them the way they look at female recruits.

Did I lay on the sarcasm heavy enough?

M_
    "I would like to take you seriously, but to do so would affront your intelligence." William F. Buckley, Jr.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Miguel looks gayer than a handbasket full of rainbows.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Spain
    I don't think that Miguel was a gay, only was a man overruned by the situation. Is Miguel a coward?. Could be it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    great how fast a thread can take a sudden turn toward off-topic land isn't it? from fool to gay in like 3 posts.

i don't think miguel was a fool. just someone in pain and suffering. clinically depressed-yes. needing a long, medicated rest in restrictive clothing-yes. a good candidate for shock treatment-definitely. a fool. no.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I don't mean Miguel as in the character being Gay... I think the actor who plays him is Gay. No biggie if he is, but it is an observance I did make over the course of watching Day of the Dead these past few years.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    I don't mean Miguel as in the character being Gay... I think the actor who plays him is Gay. No biggie if he is, but it is an observance I did make over the course of watching Day of the Dead these past few years.

since there is so little info out there he very well could be in real life.

here is a piece of an interview he gave horrorweb about opening the gate and letting in the zombies:

"HW: Well, while we're on opinion and death... a lot of people, when they first see the movie, question when you go up and let the zombies in. They sit in awe, 'why did he do that?' Why do you think the character did that... I know what I think, but I want to know what you think.
    Antone: Well, I'll tell you, but then you'll have to tell me what you think.
    HW: Deal
    Antone: Hmmm... it seems that, just like I said before - the very people that I'm trying to live with and survive with, have turned into the very thing we're trying to protect ourselves from. The spirituality and religionosity of that character realizes it is the end. It's like someone has to sacrifice themselves and bring this madness to a halt. That's pretty much why I let them in. I'm up to my ears. It's not really a personal suicide type thing, I bring them down for a reason. A lot of people might think it's vengeance and all that stuff, but it's not. I see the character from my point of view and I saw it as right, the correct to do that, because they have turned into very heartless, selfserving, and really not connected to what we are as human beings. What kind of souls are left that abuse each other in such hideous ways, as we see through the entire film. So I let them in and sacrificed myself for the - what I think - is the betterment of mankind in general. End this madness. Let it just cease. So what did you think?
    HW: Actually very close to you. I felt that Miguel did it because the surviving humans had pretty much degraded themselves to being more dangerous to each other than the zombies were..
    Antone: yeah, that's exactly right.
    HW: With them being more dangerous than the zombies, these are not the people that should survive to continue the human race. So very similar to you
    Antone: Right, but I'm also hearing that they're going to be shooting each other, my lover, and friends - as I'm lying there in this 'state' waiting to see if I'm going to become a zombie. So right. They're going about destroying each other and where do they think they're going to escape to? That's the laughable part. There's only so much gas a helicopter can hold. There's only so much distance you can go. And if you have no idea where you're going to set down... your helicopter, your body, your soul, everything is going to run out of gas."

this is from the same interview series that i posted in the thread "an excellent series of interviews" given to horrorweb in 04.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Dead

Undisclosed
    It didn't exist in the mid-80s, it was a Clinton-era compromise. Just another example of someone who's never served trying to make the military like liberal America.

yes they do,but people find ways to know which is a shame. cuz i dont care what a guy or girl is,if they can keep me alive and vice versa,i wouldnt care if they were a gay racist with ties to the KKK.

America is ironic because although society is somewhat liberal it is also homophobic. Considering the military reflects society's homophobia, how is it a surprise they're still not able to serve openly?
    Last edited by jim102016; 14-Nov-2007 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by jim102016 View Post
    It didn't exist in the mid-80s, it was a Clinton-era compromise. Just another example of someone who's never served trying to make the military like liberal America.

America is ironic because although society is somewhat liberal it is also homophobic. Considering the military reflects society's homophobia, how is it a surprise they're still not able to serve openly?

it'd be good if people could serve openly with no penalties. we wouldnt be a nation without all different people helping to build it.

its hypocracy at it's finest because a cousin of mine was a cross dresser but was in the military for like 40 years and no one either knew or cared.

also.....j edgar hoover was the head of the FBI and loved womens clothes......so why the backlash on gay people?

Dead

Undisclosed
    it'd be good if people could serve openly with no penalties. we wouldnt be a nation without all different people helping to build it.

its hypocracy at it's finest because a cousin of mine was a cross dresser but was in the military for like 40 years and no one either knew or cared.

also.....j edgar hoover was the head of the FBI and loved womens clothes......so why the backlash on gay people?
    Its not a sudden thing, gays have always been persecuted through out history. In an ideal world, there'd be no problem as long as they could hack it I guess. But, those people trying to shove it down the military's throught just to make a political statement or gain fame aren't facing reality, their causing more harm than good.