Thread: Filming with Jim Krut this weekend

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Filming with Jim Krut this weekend

Let me say this has been one of the best weekends of filming ever. Not only do I have a superb crew but I have a great cast and that includes Jim Krut aka Helicopter Zombie. Jim is true artist, this man can deliver his lines the same time everytime without skipping a beat. A superb gentleman all around and an overall great member addition to the cast.

On Saturday we filmed 8 pages of the screenplay and the 3 leads for this segment hit their marks every minute they were on camera. This has been my most productive weekend and so much fun.

In addition to Jim Krut, Deadlands cast members Dave Cooperman and Phillip J. Martin have joined the cast as members of our rogue government. Keep an eye out in the next week for a BTS interview with Jim, Dave and Phil.

Today... Sunday (11/11/07) we will be working with Jim again, and finishing up what we haven't filmed yet. I will update this thread tomorrow with the results.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Super Moderator

UK
    All sounds very awesome indeed. The helicopter zombie bit in Dawn was superb. Must be pretty darn cool to be working with Jim Krut.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    UPDATE:

We wrapped the government scenes. 14 pages shot in 2 days. Everything went fantastic. I am eager to begin cutting the footage. Jim, as stated before was a pleasure to work with and I hope to work with him again. I think the highlight of the shoot, aside from watching him perform, was signing a copy of Deadlands for Jim. Even Brian and Michelle who were on hand signed the copy for him so I know that was an exciting moment for them as well.

We shot over 12 hours of footage this weekend alone. I am not even done with the film and I already have 39 hours of shot footage. I was constantly coming up with new camera movements and angles, and giving the actors freedom to improv after my "as written" script takes.

Trapped is a very huge step for me in terms of the style and directing. I have really grabbed onto this and reigned it in the best way I see it, not too mention we are still under budget. I have approx $1000.00 now left to shoot the film with and plenty more footage to shoot.

Trapped will most likely have a running time of 90 minutes but with shot footage put together so far and the time line planned the film seems to be coming in at 107 minutes. Once I get the fresh footage into the editor I can see what is really need versus extra fodder that can be cut out.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Super Moderator

UK
    Blimey grimey! 39 hours!

All sounds groovy and gravy, mate.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Blimey grimey! 39 hours!
    It's insane, isn't it?!

Keep in mind, there's 2, somtimes 3 cameras rolling at once, so that helps pile on the amount of shot footage and tapes, but yeah, there's a LOT of coverage - but it will all be worth it. One thing is for sure, while editing, he's gonna have a LOT of choices to make for each scene. A lot.

Super Moderator

UK
    Aye indeed there's the multiple cameras/takes issue so that piles it on, but still, there's a lotta footage to chomp through, and like you said, it's gonna be "pick your choose" aka "choice" city, mateys.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    bitchin', to this day i just cant see how he had the balls to do that chopper bit, it boggles my mind every time i see it.

Super Moderator

UK
    Well they didn't actually put him under rotating blades.

They built up on his own head, then it was a kind of fish wire device to yank the top away by somebody running in the opposite direction really fast apparently. Then the blade swishes were 'animated in' later or something...Tom Savini said that I think.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    well for the time thats damn impressive.

United States

"I've got a headache this big - and it's got Excedrin written allllll over it"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post

"I've got a headache this big - and it's got Excedrin written allllll over it"
    Thanks fooker, now I have to clean soda off my desk.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Thanks fooker, now I have to clean soda off my desk.
    I'm glad I could be of assistance.