Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another decent review of Deadlands....

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    This is why I like Runners, it ups the scare factor, and the likely hood of survival is dropped to a very low percentage. This is why I enjoy using them, it keeps the story on its toes.
    Then I hope you do them some justice and make 'em a bit more realistic than Dawn 04 and Day 08. It is strange that I dislike these zombies so much because completely love the 28 Days movies - I know they aren't zombie movies but still pretty close. It's the realism that I love.

Dawn 04 was too tongue-in-cheek and to be honest, my utter condemnation of the film is because the damned thing is supposed to be a remake of GAR's original. Day 08 was just hilarious, all them zombies pogoing headfirst into doors and windows almost gave me a piss-patch.

If someone found the correct and 'believeable' line for runners then I might not be so critical of them. I hope Deadlands 2 presents this.
    Last edited by capncnut; 24-Jul-2008 at 01:44 PM.

Undisclosed
    running zombies are a cheap scare. it takes the eerie-ness away from the term "creeping flesh". and you really miss the point of what makes a zombie scary all together. they are ur friends and family. can u honestly say you could kill your friends and family with no concept of whats going on? i don't think i could. which is why i'd prolly die and add to the population. and then the army would grow. then, no matter how big or strong. an army of ants can easily kill a roach.

And capncnut, i know my film has flaws too. and believe me, im not saying its original. but, as with deadlands it's a no budget movie made by a fairly amateur filmmaker. and criticism does make us better at what we do. but i still urge you to watch the entire film before you critique. but, im not reviewing to be like "you suck. im so much better. i got it all figured out" its more constructive criticism. that i openly accept on my films as well. we're here to help each other. lol