Thread: "Day ones over and your allready in post"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

"Day ones over and your allready in post"

http://theundergroundslacker.blogspo...ady-doing.html

So im typing this up the day after since i was up for 48 hours by the time my college stuff finished, damn waht a day!
    So im being taught by the cinematographer adn editor of the telletubbys, yes i will ask him about the purple one,lol.
    the first 5 hours was just boring stuff. in which i learnt to become damn fluent with a mac, they arent bad but scrolling with the mouse 'nipple' is just disturbing.
    After that we got down to talking about how we all need, literally need for 20% of our grade, to keep a "reflective journal" to basically say what we did and how we did it.... pretty much like this blogger only with 50% more doubt and uncertainty, and 50% less arrogance.
    anyway, in the last 3 hours for the mving image portion of the day we were told to write a report on marketing techinques of "the product" what the poduct was we didnt know, it had no relation to anything and the teacher, paul, just whent "**** it, i want you to write a treatment (a proposal) for a film about "red" , if there good well go into post production and youll all have a 5 minute festial worthy short by december". kinda cool the way he said "about red" instantly you had one guy wanting to do blood, another anger, another passion, me?, possibly a clerks style dialogue ending with "damn red, your ****ed up", total cop out useage, i had the idea by the time he finished and couldnt stop grinning just becuase it was technically "a film about red", albiet a guy called red.
    that or two roommates heckling each other over xbox live not realising who there tlaking to till one lets slip private info then has the other guy kicking his door open all "double-the****-dragon!!" style and tackles him.
    still ive got about 6 different ideas and the basic theme for all of us is.

1 - Must be a film about red
    2 - Must be 5 minutes long
    3 - Must include a piece of music
    4 - Must NOT be shots of red postboxes and stuff, which apparently someones done. though to be honest thats a bigger cop out than my idea, its just... lazy.

Still ill be using some decent dv camcorders to film this, plus were gonna have workshops on set building and special effects, the tom savini kind, not the lucasarts kind and go to festivals and by the end of the first year each student should have a small portfolio of work in there desired field, be it editing, effects, directing, writing or pre and post production or producing to give in as part fo a film makers cv to companies in the area, the key term was "dont expect to be directing your own stuff, more likely to be a runner on something like harry potter"

-that means coffe whore in a more eloquent way by the way.

-then i spent the last hour talking to a dude who looked like draclua about batman. as you do.

Shamelessly stolen from my own blog.

---------------------------------------------------------------

little update - im currently working an idea in the vein of those "behind the music" shows, but since its 5 mins its just a trailer for a "behind the videogame" about washed up charcters from the 1980's "seeing red" () and ranting about how masterchief ruined it for them and how link and mario are typecasting and there princess' are attention whores.

i know its gonna open with dig dug dancing to his theme and the interviewee yelling "yo, dig dug shut the **** up!".

though ive also got this random comedy idea like 'what if solid snake, the l shaped tetris block, dante and mario were roommates' random as hell but its just an idea ive got going around.

though two people going ape**** over guitar hero might work as well, cus everyone knows even the msot zne guy will inevitably be driven oer the edge during multiplayer gameing.
    Last edited by Danny; 15-Nov-2007 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    hope this doesnt automerge again, that pisses me off...

-AHEM!

so later ill be handing in my idea to see if i can film it so by december i.e 2 weeks ill be able to post something myself on here for you guys to say sucks, so y'all can return the favour.

...huh. yknow, i type as i say it out loud in my head and ive never realise till now i actually use the word "y'all" from time to time as part of my mongrel accent.

-DAMN YOUSE SATELITE TV!!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    so i handed in my treatment for "a film about red" today, with the working title of folklore/origami its my homage to the survival horror genre, im working on storyboards now but its shaping up well, plus im editing a video for a local high school to use as an ad, thats a toenail in't door i guess.