View Poll Results: What did you think of the 4 minute clip?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Oh Yeah... BRING ON THE ZOMBIE MUTHERFOOKER

4 26.67%
  • Very Nice...

5 33.33%
  • Eh... Nothing special

4 26.67%
  • No opinion

2 13.33%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SNEAK PEAK 4:00 Clip from Trapped

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed

ok

Just because i'm new does'nt mean i'm not honest. I can see the hard work involved, i'm not a fool. It's just a clip, with a request for feedback. The video production most likely has more to offer, and it's not too late, it isnt released, theres time to hire a writer, and do it for real.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Zombie View Post
    Just because i'm new does'nt mean i'm not honest. I can see the hard work involved, i'm not a fool. It's just a clip, with a request for feedback. The video production most likely has more to offer, and it's not too late, it isnt released, theres time to hire a writer, and do it for real.

Do it for real? And what filmmaking credentials do you have? They wanted constructive criticism....not someone being an ass just for the sake of being one.

It's a good clip with only a few minor hiccups. Get out of you mom's basement and grow up.

United States
    And you just happened to sign up here today and this was your first post? Trashing a clip of Dj's film?

Even you could admit from any other angle, your intentions and actions are suspect.

...and "hire" a writer? Are you aware of the budget on this film? Who the hell "hires a writer" for a sub-$10,000 independent film?

Give to me a large break.
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 15-Nov-2007 at 04:26 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post

Do it for real? And what filmmaking credentials do you have?
    i agree with you ,but just once i want someone to say this and have the person there replying to turn out to be peter jackson or something

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    i agree with you ,but just once i want someone to say this and have the person there replying to turn out to be peter jackson or something

It would be even more funny if he were George Lucas. Because then he really wouldn't know what the hell he's talking about...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    ...just once i want someone to say this and have the person there replying to turn out to be peter jackson or something
    Now that would be funny as all hell! Although I feel Peter Jackson or some other famous director would probably have a bit more tact than Mr. Zombie.

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed

Good grief

I see your point maybe the hire a writer comment was rude, I apologize for that. I don't have any filmmaking credentials. Only stating an oppinion, not trashing DJ's video at all, it has potential. This is my oppinion on those 4 minutes. It just feels to me like way too much complicated dialogue for the level of actors involved. When not speeking the actors are doing fine. More can be gotten from these actors with more silence and suspence.

United States
    The level of actors involved? Are you fu*king kidding me?

Every single one of these actors have had a lot of experience in front and behind the camera. Some of them have been in major hollywood studio productions, some of them in very well known and respected independent films. These aren't just people randomly picked off the street.

The acting in these 4 minutes alone are of higher caliber than the majority of the other films out there that i've seen with comparable budgets.

When not speeking the actors are doing fine.
    These are the kind of comments that makes you come off as smug. They're speaking the whole time during the clip with the exception of the dolly shot on Jim Krut. So what you're really trying to say is, that's the only redeeming part acting-wise of the 4 minutes?

Your opinion is noted. Lets move on.
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 15-Nov-2007 at 05:02 PM.

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    Why move on when you don't understand me yet. I am aware there is wall to wall dialogue, that's the problem. I don't really like the dolly shot, I thought that was Jim Krut. To me the most important part of acting is reacting. They are all fine at this skill. To me the little girl is the most believable character. Some lines are better then others though. I think maybe with tighter editing it could be better.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Zombie View Post
    The dialogue is something you never see in these types of film. The point of the wordy dialogue is that these people are trying to work together to find a common solution, instead of quick 4 word lines were nothing but bickering and arguing ensue. Although there anger is rising in the clip they are trying to sort out the situation and come up with a plausible plan to get out of the the theater.

You are used to a bunch of BS one line dialoge bits that serve no purpose in a story of people trying to survive. I took Romero's biggest principal of people not working together and flipped it to show they're TRYING to work together. Hence the wordy dialogue. In a proper world communication is key and how do you communicate if you are silent?
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    i enjoyed this clip and it makes me want to see more.

to paraphrase the film:

"mr. zombie are you on fuc*king drugs?"

i hope so. if not step off there leonard maltin.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed

ok

Yeah it's not that difficult to figure it out, it leaves very little for the imagination. Good luck with it. Hope it works out for ya.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    This is not a movie to leave anything to the imagination. Why do movies have to always leave something for the imagination, if people want to think about something they will, but this is how I see the world through my eyes and story. It is taking a fantasty based event and injecting some reality to it, and in reality people don't sit there all quiet and leave their imagination run wild... if they did it would be a repat of zombies eating them every 10 seconds.

For future reference maybe you should make a film or two of your own before making criticisms on acting, writing, and dialog... because frankly you have just shown a community of zombie fans you don't know jack.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed

yeah

well, actually films are typically made for an audience, not for the director. Maybe you should not ask for feedback if you feel the need to insult the person giving it to you. I've considered making films, I would want to do something original though, Romero's lightning has been riden enough i think.

Watching again it's really not all that bad, just maybe rushed. Rehearsal could have been good.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Thats where you and I differ... the audience is just a bonus. I am a huge zombie film fan and this is how I see the zombie infested world... at least for this film. I never set out to make the movie for an audience, I make the film based on what my feeling is that day based on the type of mood I am in at that moment.

Trapped went through 5 drafts before I settled on this version, and I settled for this because it was the most complete story I felt like telling with enough character development and confrontation between characters.

I got into making movies to tell a story, not make oodles of cash. The fact my first film is TEMPE's best selling title was just an added bonus, and yes if it helps me make a career out of it... so be it.

Side note: Riding on Romero's coat tails is not what I would call it. He may have invented the flesh eating zombie, but he is not the sole source of everything zombie. However, he is my main influence along with Zack Snyder and Dan O'bannon. Trapped is just a flick that takes everything the filmmakers tried to convey in a message and just shoves it in your face.

Romero says the biggest downfall of the human race in his zed films is the inability of people to work together. He just shows the chaos of the moment, never really showing you what could happen if you do actually try and work together...here I am trying to put that out there in way that says... Imagine if you actually worked together, you could get more accomplished.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!