View Poll Results: What did you think of the 4 minute clip?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Oh Yeah... BRING ON THE ZOMBIE MUTHERFOOKER

4 26.67%
  • Very Nice...

5 33.33%
  • Eh... Nothing special

4 26.67%
  • No opinion

2 13.33%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SNEAK PEAK 4:00 Clip from Trapped

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Zombie View Post
    Why move on when you don't understand me yet.
    I understand a few things perfectly:

1) You signed up today

2) you came right to this thread and bypassed everything else on the forums here at HPotD. No saying "hi, i'm new" in general discussions, no introducting yourself, nothing.

3) You came here specifically to trash the clip posted by Dj and bypassed everything else.

That's perfectly clear. Perhaps you are right though, I don't understand you yet. Your opinion on the clip is duely noted, but your intentions is perhaps what I don't understand.

To be perfectly honesty though, I don't care and I doubt anyone else does either. You have stated your opinion, we responded, leave it at that. Continuing just makes you look like the obvious troll that you are considering the facts above.

..and "films are made for the audience and not the director"!? You must be on drugs. A film is made by and for the director first and foremost. He has a vision, he writes a script, he makes his vision come to life on film how HE sees it - not how he precieves the audience will. The director doesn't give one single sh*t about the viewers when he is making a film. It's all about making HIS vision come to life. Once it does, then he hopes others will enjoy what he has created.

Put it another way - do you think musicians write music for the people who listen to it or for themselves? 99% of the true musicians out there will tell you it's not about anything else but writing for themselves. If others like it, great. If not, it doesn't change anything. If you think films and directors are any different, you're diluted.

Now, can we move on, or do you have more trolling to do?

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed

right on

I respect that, only wanted to offer my opinions. Was'nt trying to hurt anyones feelings. I have nothing against you personally,making films is hard dirty work. It's awesome that people do it because they love it. I'm not going to say that everything i see is great just because of the work involved and the low budget. A brilliant movie could be made for 1000$ bucks. A crappy film could be made for 300 million. Budget doesnt matter.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Zombie View Post
    A crappy film could be made for 300 million. Budget doesnt matter.
    Sony and Disney proved that with Spider-Man 3 and Pirates 3.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post

It would be even more funny if he were George Lucas. Because then he really wouldn't know what the hell he's talking about...
    Really???

Did you see Episode 1...hehehehe

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy911sc View Post
    Really???

That's actually what I meant. George Lucas is a joke. He got lucky with the original Star Wars, the following two weren't even his, and the prequels are basically crap.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy911sc View Post
    Really???

if you have never seen the documentary "empire of dreams" you should check it out. the part that is about the first movie does not paint a flattering picture of lucas' ability as a film maker. you get the impression that lucas had no idea what he was doing during the production of the first movie. how alan ladd, jr. had to lie to the suits repeatedly so that they wouldn't cancel the production. how the editors (who maybe won the most desereved oscars in history) had to use every single editing trick know to man to make a coherent story out of the footage they were given. how alec guiness was holding the thing together during the shooting in tunisia-which by everyone's account was a complete and total disaster.

harrison ford comes right out and says that lucas simply doesn't not understand actors or even the process of acting.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    That explains EP 1-3. Thanks for the education.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    harrison ford comes right out and says that lucas simply doesn't not understand actors or even the process of acting.
    Wow, that's scary right there! Although in a weird way, it makes sense.
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 15-Nov-2007 at 07:14 PM.

capncnut
    Where were the zombies?

Undisclosed
    I think for what it is, it is quite good, I like the look of the film, you obviously have quite the talented DOP and a good eye for shots. My only complaint, is that I think the music is a little to heavy and should be a bit more subtle. But with that being said, the scene is not being shown in context with the rest of the movie and might play differently in context.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by livingdeadboy View Post
    I think for what it is, it is quite good, I like the look of the film, you obviously have quite the talented DOP and a good eye for shots. My only complaint, is that I think the music is a little to heavy and should be a bit more subtle. But with that being said, the scene is not being shown in context with the rest of the movie and might play differently in context.
    Plus it's a rough version of the scene, so at the moment, it's incomplete.

But I still think it's rather tasty, chaps.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Here are some trivia tidbits.

The films DoP is Krystian Ramlogan, who is a very talented DoP. However, Krystian was unavailable for those sequences so I stepped in and served as the DoP. The Camera operators for the theater scenes were Chris Kiros and Elias Dancey. For the Office Scenes I was the camera operator.

Oh yes, kids... I learned a lot since Deadlands in the way of lighting and other elements. I just need to do a little more color correction for the office stuff, it is a little too dark for my liking.

Dj
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    I was hoping to see some zombies in your first tease clip or them pounding at the doors? Something to grab us and pull us into the story.
    I read all the posts before mine and I see it is still a work in progress so, I am not voting, too early to give a good opinion on it yet to be fair...keep plugging guys!!

BTW: I do get what you are saying it is something I do want to see in a zombie film..people gathering together to fight the zombies not fighting against each other.
    Last edited by Debbieangel; 16-Nov-2007 at 06:39 PM.

Banned User

United States
    No offense guys and I'm not looking to flame, just offering an opinion that you asked for. I just couldn't get into it. I watched it twice and I just didn't care for the acting or the dialogue. I found it to be generic. I had a problem with the lighting too, although that could be just my pc. Plus no zombs.
    Last edited by zombiegirl; 16-Nov-2007 at 06:38 PM.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbieangel View Post
    I was hoping to see some zombies in your first tease clip or them pounding at the doors? Something to grab us and pull us into the story.
    Mmm, I agree. I was expecting a rotting, flesh-torn hand to burst forth from my monitor and grab me by my throat. But there wasn't any zombies... not one. As Zombiegirl says, don't mean to flame or go against your work but the dialogue didn't really do anything for me. But I still look forward to seeing the finished product and going from there.