View Poll Results: Which do you prefer more?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Day

36 83.72%
  • Land

7 16.28%
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Day or Land

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    If all you are looking for is a zombie action movie then Land delivers more.
    i think you forgot to add "crappy-looking cg zombies" to your previous post.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    i think you forgot to add "crappy-looking cg zombies" to your previous post.
    I grew up on Dr. Who movies. I thought the zombies looked quite realistic.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    I grew up on Dr. Who movies. I thought the zombies looked quite realistic.
    yeah i grew up watching doctor who on PBS as well. i am very forgiving when it comes to special effects.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Christmas Island
    Day in a heartbeat. Best looking zombies ever.

Land's zombie makeup only works if it's a sequel to Night 90.

United States
    You know, Land's effects weren't too bad (with the exception of the two ovbious cgi scenes, the zombie priest and the drawbridge head crush) but Day had some of the best zombie makeup ever.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximusIncredulous View Post
    Land's zombie makeup only works if it's a sequel to Night 90.
    I always thought the makeup in Night '90 was rather excellent.
    Last edited by clanglee; 29-Nov-2007 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    Agreed, sir.

United States
    I definitely agree with the majority of your here in saying that Day is the superior film. Now don't get me wrong, I still love Land, but it just does not stand up to it's predecessor. I consider Day to be the best of the series for quite a few reasons. I believe that the overall feeling of the film is what stands out the most to me. Day just makes you really think about the situation at hand and just how bad things have become. I love seeing the destroyed city at the beginning because it really gives your an idea of just how bad things have gotten. The idea of our existence coming that close to an end is very interesting.

The musical score, gore, characters, setting and other aspects are superior as well.

Christmas Island
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    Not an attack on Night 90's makeup, it's just that Land's makeup was very inconsistent with Day in terms of decay.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusIncredulous View Post
    Not an attack on Night 90's makeup, it's just that Land's makeup was very inconsistent with Day in terms of decay.
    But remember though that Land was made 20 years later, the effects were by Nicotero & Co, not Savini and that there were some zombies which were absolutely emaciated.

I see where you're coming from though, but still - Dawn wasn't consistent with Night and Day was nowhere near consistent with Dawn.

Partly not a cause for concern because the films aren't direct sequels, but rather different universes which all have living dead outbreaks going on, but we come along at consistent junctions.

3 days, 3 weeks, 3 - 8 months (I'd go for somewhere around the latter if they're all that stir crazy), and finally 3 years.

You could whinge about the makeup in Day in a really nerdy-noo way, if it's only 3 months in, surely some of them are a bit too decayed, and also with Logan theorising that they could go on for 10 to 12 years, how mashed up are they going to be by that stage?!

So the difference in make-up is nothing to get in a twist over, and that's why.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pidemiC View Post
    I definitely agree with the majority of your here in saying that Day is the superior film. Now don't get me wrong, I still love Land, but it just does not stand up to it's predecessor. I consider Day to be the best of the series for quite a few reasons. I believe that the overall feeling of the film is what stands out the most to me. Day just makes you really think about the situation at hand and just how bad things have become. I love seeing the destroyed city at the beginning because it really gives your an idea of just how bad things have gotten. The idea of our existence coming that close to an end is very interesting.

The musical score, gore, characters, setting and other aspects are superior as well.
    ah, now see, i like them both equally, but i cannot remember any music from land but i can from day, make of that what you will.

Super Moderator

UK
    The music in Day was better - who can resist the end credits song, I know I can't - but I also really dug the music in Land. It was a bit more 'back seat' than in Day, but the end credits theme in Land still sticks with me.

*said tune starts swirling around noggin*

Niiiiice.

United States
    I don't recall anything off in the zombies in Land. They looked like zombies. The main thing that would make them look more like zombies is if there were 10 times as many of them. But overall I'm pretty darned forgiving on the effects.

I've always loved the music from Dawn, and then the music from Day blew me away. Both are used superbly to set the tone of the movies.

I was looking forward to see how the music was updated for Land, but after coming out of the theater from Land I couldn't remember the music. I've watched it a couple of times since and still cannot remember the music at all. I'll put that on my list of things to pay attention to for the next viewing.

United States
    I was looking forward to see how the music was updated for Land, but after coming out of the theater from Land I couldn't remember the music. I've watched it a couple of times since and still cannot remember the music at all. I'll put that on my list of things to pay attention to for the next viewing.
    I feel the same way about it. The only thing I really remember was the one piano chord when the zombie mob saw the city in the distance.

Super Moderator

UK
    I'm rewatching Land today, just got the last 20 minutes to go, and I remember the music. Perhaps it's a thing some people are more likely to remember than others, it's like music in general. I'm pretty ropey are remembering the words, but the instruments - the music - that I can remember quite well.

Yeah, Dawn and Day had superb music, Land was on-par with Night at least, if not a bit above I say.

Watching Land again has confirmed that I still love it and appreciate it very much, and I also like how it's completely different from the ones before, as each of them are to one another. If he'd just done Dawn 2 it would have been properly disappointing...and hence why Day bombed when it was originally released, people were expecting Dawn 2 ... with Land, the haters were expecting Night/Dawn/Day 2 ... and they can "oh it just sucked" as much as they like, but you flat out know that my statement is true...at the very least for some.

I was expecting something different, and even from the trailers/preview clips/just hearing about it - it was plainly obvious it was going to be different, just like all the others were different from each other ... so you could, in a way, say it's the same as the others in a sense.

Anyway, I'm off to finish Land.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I'm rewatching Land today, just got the last 20 minutes to go, and I remember the music. Perhaps it's a thing some people are more likely to remember than others, it's like music in general. I'm pretty ropey are remembering the words, but the instruments - the music - that I can remember quite well.

Yeah, Dawn and Day had superb music, Land was on-par with Night at least, if not a bit above I say.

Watching Land again has confirmed that I still love it and appreciate it very much, and I also like how it's completely different from the ones before, as each of them are to one another. If he'd just done Dawn 2 it would have been properly disappointing...and hence why Day bombed when it was originally released, people were expecting Dawn 2 ... with Land, the haters were expecting Night/Dawn/Day 2 ... and they can "oh it just sucked" as much as they like, but you flat out know that my statement is true...at the very least for some.

I was expecting something different, and even from the trailers/preview clips/just hearing about it - it was plainly obvious it was going to be different, just like all the others were different from each other ... so you could, in a way, say it's the same as the others in a sense.

Anyway, I'm off to finish Land.