Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Amy Winehouse... Oh for goodness sake...

United States
    really? Throwing Sarah Palin in the same boat as Amy Winehouse? I know she made that shitty tv show but I don't believe she's in the same boat as the recently departed. Lindsey Lohan perhaps...

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Indeed! The slow motion car crash has come to an abrupt end... Really don't have much sympathy strangely... Sorry!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14262237
    Yep, with you 100%. Her dad selling her story left right and centre, making a mint off it. And her, not only systematically failing to get help herself, but writing songs about how she doesn't want to get help. Having her musical little hissy fits and basically telling the world "I do not want to improve my life whatsoever and am happy to rot away" Well, you've rotted away. Now we get to call her "tragic amy whine-house" rather than "a fucking waste of space crackhead who could sing".

yeah, brilliant musician, inspiring indeed. Waste of fucking space that didn't do anything Sinatra hasn't done 40 years ago, except at least the dude's lifestyle was worth talking about. This "role model" was nothing short of a disgrace to professional musicians and artists who can express themselves without feeling the need to destroy their bodies and minds. There's always a place for drugs in music but her drug taking never enhanced her music, it destroyed it. One less crackhead in camden = win win.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    She died? Big surprise. She joined the 27 club.

Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    One less crackhead in camden = win win.
    Hey, I live next to Camden! [albeit, the US one]

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    It's in Philly?
    I bet it kicks ass compared to our one
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

England
    The media is going bezerk over her now, I flicked through The Sun yesterday on my lunch break and the first 8 pages of the paper were about her, then in the centre was a big pullout all about her too, ridiculous! if a soldier gets killed in Afghanistan they are lucky to get a paragraph in the papers

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    The media is going bezerk over her now, I flicked through The Sun yesterday on my lunch break and the first 8 pages of the paper were about her, then in the centre was a big pullout all about her too, ridiculous! if a soldier gets killed in Afghanistan they are lucky to get a paragraph in the papers
    I bet her record company is seeing a silver lining to her death

-- -------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

Rupert Murdoch has stated that he is deeply touched by the messages left on Amy Winehouse's phone!!!!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States
    Guys, I know you're all hurting right now and this is why you post these things, but I promise you: once you pass through the haze of your loss it will get better.

Till then, buy some MP3s, go to a candle light vigil and paint a mural or something.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    I bet her record company is seeing a silver lining to her death

-- -------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

Rupert Murdoch has stated that he is deeply touched by the messages left on Amy Winehouse's phone!!!!

let it go neil.....

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    let it go neil.....
    Come on! That was a good joke
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    Come on! That was a good joke
    Had one texted to me from a friend which is abit sore but made me giggle, please dont click if easilly offended.

Amy whinehouse walks up to the gates of heaven and sees a long queue of people waiting to get in. Saint peter sees her stood at the back of the queue and beckons her forwards.
    "I wasnt expecting to be treated like a VIP" amy says, St Peter replies "Your not, we're just waiting for a nowegian translator to come up".

Ireland
    Two albums, a ton of over-hyping, a shitload of crack and a stupid death.

Nobody's going to give a crap in six months.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    It's too bad, she had a cool name.
    Wait, she did music? Oh.
    Whatever.
    I do music, so do lots and lots of folks. Big deal.
    Cool name, though.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    welp, looks like neils gonna find something new to rag on now, just on the news 'amy winehouse found dead in london squat age 27". who knew living in squalor and taking more drugs than oxygen would finish you off at an early age?
    When they tried to make her go to rehab, she shoulda said yes, yes, yes.
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Had one texted to me from a friend which is abit sore but made me giggle, please dont click if easilly offended.

Amy whinehouse walks up to the gates of heaven and sees a long queue of people waiting to get in. Saint peter sees her stood at the back of the queue and beckons her forwards.
    "I wasnt expecting to be treated like a VIP" amy says, St Peter replies "Your not, we're just waiting for a nowegian translator to come up".
    I... don't get it.