Thread: Duke Nukem Forever... After nearly 10 years...

Administrator

England

Duke Nukem Forever... After nearly 10 years...

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    The game will dissapoint. It's been way too long, should have been released years ago. Hopefully I'm wrong though, I'd love to see a great Duke game.

Super Moderator

UK
    Would have thought they'd have more than a few test levels and some dodgy sequences poked together by now ... what a fooking joke. I'd really like to play it once it comes out though ... Duke Nukem 3D was one of the best games back in the day when I was a teenager, anyone worth their salt played it and spent HOURS throwing money at those dancers telling them to "shake it baby", lol. Classic.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie
    Would have thought they'd have more than a few test levels and some dodgy sequences poked together by now ... what a fooking joke. I'd really like to play it once it comes out though ... Duke Nukem 3D was one of the best games back in the day when I was a teenager, anyone worth their salt played it and spent HOURS throwing money at those dancers telling them to "shake it baby", lol. Classic.
    I remember the multiplayer benig enjoyable as well! Strinking your oponent down and then stomping on him. You could even pooh if I recall as well!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    You could crap on them?! lol...freaky.

That reminds me of Redneck Rampage - you could take a whizz anywhere (sound only) and if you crouched on an outhouse/toilet your character made the appropriate set of noises, lol ... again it was just sound.

And any of us who've played Postal 2 know the fun of running around the town peeing freely on anything and anyone, lol...sick...but fun.

Administrator

England
    Yeh, you could map a command to leave a little steamer on the floor!
    -Carl Sagan

United Kingdom
    I was poking around the the official Duke site about a month ago and saw some very old news about this game and just assumed it had been abandoned.

Obviously it was, apart from what sounds like just a few little tests here and there.

I hope production continues.
    Last edited by Craig; 14-Apr-2006 at 03:36 PM.