Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Call Of Duty 4

England
    God I love this game. Infinity Ward certainly have their own gameplay style when it comes to shooters. This game is very welcome in my collection after the mess that was COD3. That was a different developer though so its hardly suprising. I hope IW go straight ahead with COD5 and keep it inhouse.
    Anyone who hasn't played this online needs there head testing. The game pricetag is worth it for that alone. The graphics, sound and game balance are truly oustanding.
    Has anyone managed to get the mile high club achievement on veteran yet? Now that is tough. Just 20 Pts to go for the full 1000.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    Ah mate, Mile Hile on Veteran...I tried that about 20 times and failed constantly. About as far as I could get was when the bit of the body blows out and the plane de-pressurises.

I've heard that COD5 is going to be WW2 again - because it's not going to be Infinity Ward behind it, but rather the lot who did COD3.

Come on, give it a rest already...also - if it's not by Infinity Ward, it shouldn't be a numerical COD game, in my opinion.

I still want an Infinity Ward COD-in-Vietnam game personally.

England
    The rumour about COD5 started because Treyarch who did no3 were advertising for map builders to work on a leading WWII franchise. Nothing confirmed yet but it does seem possible seeing how they staggered the releases of COD2/3/4.
    An IW Vietnam game would be outstanding. I can see it now. Intense jungle firefights with Charlie swarming through the line and tracers everywhere.

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    Treyarch should do their own franchise, or at the very least stick to sub-titled COD games like "Big Red One", stop mixing up the numbers with the official & proper COD which is Infinity Ward.

Still gonna try out COD3 eventually, it's proper cheap these days now, so not much lost if it's total gash...but I'd imagine I'll get a good play out of it at least.

COD meets Vietnam would be awesome, I really hope they do that. It just makes sense.

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    You know what would be awesome - Call of Duty 5 set in Vietnam.

There's not really been a full on, proper-proper-proper Vietnam FPS game before. The best out there is Battlefield: Vietnam, but it's not really single player minded and has no story.
    MZ, get yourself Vietcong. Had a pretty good story with some good history in between missions. Still CoD could make a kick ass Vietnam game.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by LoSTBoY View Post
    MZ, get yourself Vietcong. Had a pretty good story with some good history in between missions. Still CoD could make a kick ass Vietnam game.
    Tried it before, didn't like it.

But COD would make a far better Vietnam game, with the games they've done thus far, you just know it'd knock the competition (which is very limited in terms of Vietnam FPS games) right outta the water.

It's odd, Vietnam is a very popular war for movies, but not for videogames...odd...maybe it's the inconclusiveness of it, maybe because the Americans didn't win in the end, because it wasn't clear cut like WW2 was.

But with games becoming more and more like interactive movies, you'd think it'd be time to get crackin' with it, mix it up a little.

Just imagine the scale of helicopter involvement from COD4, but with Huey's in 'Nam...having to evac the injured under a hail of gunfire as 'Charlie' comes charging down the hill before a massive napalm strike obliterates the landscape - trees fall and everything.

You could crawl through tunnels and take out secret lairs, blast into cities, hump through the jungle...take Hamburger Hill...oh my.

England
    S h i t. MZ. You're onto something there. Quick, email IW

MY HOME CINEMA

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Tried it before, didn't like it.

But COD would make a far better Vietnam game, with the games they've done thus far, you just know it'd knock the competition (which is very limited in terms of Vietnam FPS games) right outta the water.

It's odd, Vietnam is a very popular war for movies, but not for videogames...odd...maybe it's the inconclusiveness of it, maybe because the Americans didn't win in the end, because it wasn't clear cut like WW2 was.

I think the most serious stumbling block for Vietnam games has been the limitations of technology,a living,breathing & realistic jungle is extremely hard to render,vietcong had a fair stab at it i thought,but that was 4 years ago & you were still being pushed through corridors rather than having a spacious jungle to play in (running around like elias in platoon just before barnes shoots him would be cool,when he goes on that one man rampage).Best mission of the original Vietcong game was the one where you are dropped on that outpost to relieve some other troops,and you have to defend the hill from a strong vietcong attack in the pissing rain,its very hamburger hill & a good mission!
    If you've played crysis though you'll know the technology is now there to have another stab at a decent vietnam game,its jungles are lush,theres wildlife,branches bend & twang as you walk through the scrub,& if you blast a clip through some bushes you can see each branch & leaf move with the impact,it looks very good,just right for 'nam!

Super Moderator

UK
    Perzactly, the tech is now there, and with development time it'll only be up for improving. It'd be seriously awesome if IW did a 'Nam FPS war shooter. If they haven't already thought about it and said "that's a great fookin' idea", they're n00bs.

United States
    finally had time to finish the story mode over the holiday break, as my 360 has no internet connectivity back home. good times. gonna start unlocking some of those rare achievments now.