Tonight (DEC 5) an AMC @ 8:00 PM/7:00 C is the American Cinematheque Tribute to Julia Roberts.

My producing partner and I produced and edited all of the film tribute pacakges for Ms. Roberts (which account for about half of the show). Now, aside from the montages, of which there are several, this style of editing doesn't rely on my normal zippy promo editing, it more relies on the ability to produce the packages by choosing the right scenes for each themed package (drama, romance, comedy, etc...) and then threading the movies together so you can really get a sense of the movie history. Look for my favorite cuts - the costars packages and the thriller package.

Now, on the night of the show, it was great because I didn't have to work the event (normally, for VH1, I usually produce some live bits for the show, but in this case, my work was done the morning of...) so I got to go to the fancy dinner and enjoy myself. At the end of the night, Tom Hanks personally commented to me on how much he liked the way the packages were produced. That was a great moment.

Lastly, while I was producing this show, we were still writing Silent Hill V - so I had to creatively switch gears between Pretty Woman and creating phrases written in blood on the walls. It was weird.

BTW, we edited the show on an IBM PS2, 286 /10mhz processor with a 16k cache and a VGA monitor.

I kid.

pJ