Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Script Review: World War Z

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    Greatly anticipated. The best possible Zed flick I've heard of in a long time. Even if Romero doesn't do it, it'll still be good (I hope!)
    Romero mentioned at the NYC DIARY screening that he would have handled World War Z differently had he written the book.

Personally, I think the guy is burned out on everyone and their brothers collectively pitching different apocalyptic living dead scenarios. I certainly am.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    Romero mentioned at the NYC DIARY screening that he would have handled World War Z differently had he written the book.

Personally, I think the guy is burned out on everyone and their brothers collectively pitching different apocalyptic living dead scenarios. I certainly am.
    Of course he would... Does mean it'd be better or worse though...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Of course he would... Does mean it'd be better or worse though...
    I think it was simply meant as a nice way of saying that he doesn't care for it.

Just been bitten

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    Simple movie formula - interviewer introduces subject, subject starts story, we are then pitched into the story they are telling with some voice over narration if it's needed...
    Yeah. The movie will actually consist of several different segments, each with different characters and each a complete story that's also part of a larger whole. Some segments from the book won't be filmed at all (that's a given) and there will most likely be a new segment or two written just for the film.
    God is Santa Claus for adults

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    I hope they leave that Japanese guy in... He was awesome.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    I hope they leave that Japanese guy in... He was awesome.
    Yeah, the blind blind fellow and the computer nerd-come-uber samurai are cool.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Administrator

England
    Slightly worrying... So over a year on and we're hearing:-

...the script for World War Z still requires a lot of writing and development, and is "still far from realization."

I thought the script was pretty much a done deal beginning of last year...

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/World...ays-13583.html
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    ...the script for World War Z still requires a lot of writing and development, and is "still far from realization."
    That just sounds like a director wanting to take all the glory to me - he will do it but only if he's allowed to shoot his own script. I'm get the feeling that if he was attached to the project he'd pretty much bin Straczynski's script. You know the type "It will only be perfect if you do it MY way because I'm the director and MY way is better and if you don't do what I say then I'll scream and sceam and stamp my little foot!" I'm all for directors following their artistic vision, but sometimes they just need a good slap to bring 'em back to reality!

As for Romero, I doubt he would direct it, I believe he was offered ROTLD but he declined. I don't think he wants the public to confuse his franchise with the others. I could be wrong of course...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid Carcass View Post

As for Romero, I doubt he would direct it, I believe he was offered ROTLD but he declined. I don't think he wants the public to confuse his franchise with the others.

I don't know if this is the reason, but if it is I certainly don't blame him and I am saying this as a ROTLD fan.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I hope Mel Brooks directs it.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    I could see this working...

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy911sc View Post
    I could see this working...
    Right up until 70 mins of the films is dedicated to zombies breaking wind
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    A Zombie Sheriff?!?!?!?
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    World War Z - Dead And Loving It!

Administrator

England
    ...back to square one! New script writer!

http://fangoria.com/home/news/9-film...rld-war-z.html
    -Carl Sagan