Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Traps and ambushes

Undisclosed
    i've actually been debating this one a bit, though it doesn't help fight the LD as much. Zombie Mines. Plant the freshly bitten, still living infected in graves barely 2-3ft deep and wait for reanimation. As other living (marauders, bandits, etc) come through the things claw up through the ground and go after them.
    If you're not offended, I'm not doing my job.

United States
    That ^^^^^ is twisted. I like it.

Ireland
    Wh dont you just take some gutter spikes and nail Zombies to trees walls and Fences that should discourage any marauders seeing that tey would have to climb your outter defences that had dozens of Zs atatched then theres the whole psychological aspect of it.
    People don't go to hell for doing bad things, they go to hell for doing NOTHING.

Undisclosed
    Another good one using the Z's as booby traps. set a few up in trees suspended by their ankles. Set a trip wire in the woods just before the zed trees so that when some poor unfortunate bastard walks by, the wire snaps and down come the zombies. If for nothing else other than the visual effect of a corpse swinging towards your face.

So far a booby traps for ghouls I'm kinds stumped. Land mines, while great against living targets are only gonna' slow down a zombie. They're designed to maim and kil by blowing away appendages which only helps against the undead if you can manage to trip one and make him land on his head on the mine.

Maybe a big pit with spikes in it. You wouldn't even have to cover it really since most of 'em are dumb as hell.

Now that I've gone back and read some of the other suggestions I see PaulAnnett already suggested the pit.

Maybe if you had enough diesel you could dig a trench around your compound and light it. A good source of warmth in the winter and they won't try to cross it as they seem to avoid fire when possible. (I refer to the flaming recliner in the original NOTLD)

And the pyromaniac in me just keeps talking today. In a more urban area, provided you have access to it, lure them into a coridoor or alley and flood it with napalm.
    Last edited by dannoofthedead; 20-Jan-2008 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    If you're not offended, I'm not doing my job.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by dannoofthedead View Post
    So far a booby traps for ghouls I'm kinds stumped. Land mines, while great against living targets are only gonna' slow down a zombie. They're designed to maim and kil by blowing away appendages which only helps against the undead if you can manage to trip one and make him land on his head on the mine.

Maybe a big pit with spikes in it. You wouldn't even have to cover it really since most of 'em are dumb as hell.
    What about what my stepdad called a Bouncing Betty? You trip it and it pops up at head level somewhere else.

Another from the minds of the VC. Malay whip. Tie back a sapling or bamboo with spikes driven through it. When released the spikes pin the victim against a nearby tree. It wouldn't kill the ghoul but they'd be immobilized.

Ireland
    Betty's only pop up about three feet or waist high right next to you they like most mines are designed to wound. Injure one you takeout three cause 2 have to carry one away theprincipal there.
    But you could use fertalizer and anti-armor/tank IEDs like Iraqi insurgents the way most solders die from them is the concution of being right thee can liquify your brain same as an Acetelene explosion.
    People don't go to hell for doing bad things, they go to hell for doing NOTHING.

Canada
    this thread has alot of good ideas. Time to go out into the public and apply them.

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Everyone of them you kill wastes your ammo, everyone of you they kill becomes one of them. Its hopeless.

Just been bitten zombieparanoia's Avatar

Undisclosed
    What about nets of car tires tied together? Laid out flat to cover large areas like parking lots, the zombies would never be able to navigate them without breaking their ankles and legs and then their arms trying to drag themselves. They lose a lot of threat factor when they're crawling after you. The more zombies you had walking through a big "net" at once the less likely they would be able to navigate it at all and they'd start trampling each other while trying to cross.

Northern Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by zombieparanoia View Post
    What about nets of car tires tied together? Laid out flat to cover large areas like parking lots, the zombies would never be able to navigate them without breaking their ankles and legs and then their arms trying to drag themselves. They lose a lot of threat factor when they're crawling after you. The more zombies you had walking through a big "net" at once the less likely they would be able to navigate it at all and they'd start trampling each other while trying to cross.
    Good idea!

Undisclosed
    An idea I've hatched awhile back-dig a antitank ditch or moat-at least neck deep and probably a meter wide-around your position-town, building, farm, using scavenged construction equipment.

As the walkers stumble towards your location, they fall into the ditch, and your roving patrols come across them, stuck there, and using such tools as a pipe with a sharpened timber spike on the end which is stabbed through their eye, or, even better, a captive bolt gun like No Country of Old Men, eliminate the beasts.

Bodies are removed from the trench, and cremated or buried.

Another idea-drive a snow plow around while playing load music to attract them.
    Ever seen a deer after it gets hit by a semi truck? Hell yeah.