Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Day of the Dead To Go Straight To DVD!?!?

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Well I'll watch this with an open mind, but to be honest there's not much use in getting my hopes up - hey at least it'll be cheaper than a cinema ticket and you get a handy place mat for your coffee or tea afterwards!!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    I think Capn is right. The Runner did ruin the horror genre of zombie films. All it did was turn zombie horror films into action films with cheap scares.
    Uh....Ain't that how all horror films are these days?

Undisclosed
    I'm not a big fan of runners. At least with actual zombies, I thought it worked well in the 28 series and they get called zombie flicks. However, I prefer the slow zombie it makes more sense to me.

As far as this movie goes I don't expect it to be a good movie, even it wasn't a bastardization of Romero's classic. Especially if they can do all that crap. But, I will certainly see the movie. I mean you have to right?

Dead

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Thats a poor argument capn. The runner is what made zombie films scary again, and opened a whole new audience to these movies.
    Captain is correct, to hell with runners. Not thrilled with the "new audience" since they didn't really know what they were looking at anyway. It did cheapen things.

There are plenty of half-ass dead' films, what bugs me the most is that this piece of s*it shares the exact title of a quality film that I revere. Think of all the great lines Joe Pilato delivers then think about Steve Miner putting the same title on his bucket of diarrhea....
    Last edited by jim102016; 22-Jan-2008 at 08:57 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    not really surprising that this is going to go to DVD. how long has this movie been completed for? a long time. how many release rumors and/or dates have we heard about? plenty. that usually indicates a movie that has some serious problems.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    i'll admit, i'm still a bit surprised that a movie with mena suvari, ving rhames, and nick cannon is going straight to dvd...not that i think that any of them are worthwhile actors, as a matter of fact, i think they all suck (rhames was good in pulp fiction, but other than that, he's pretty much as one-dimensional as ben stiller). it's just that these actors are all well-known among most ignorant-a$$ teens, which is who this crap-fest is aimed at.

oh well, it will suck major moose co(k no matter what. i'd be super stoked if they just scrapped the whole thing altogether.

*crosses fingers*

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    it's just that these actors are all well-known among most ignorant-a$$ teens, which is who this crap-fest is aimed at.
    Really then its not working because all the sites I've seen not even the ignorant-a$$ teens like it!

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    oh well, it will suck major moose co(k no matter what. i'd be super stoked if they just scrapped the whole thing altogether.
    You said it man!

Dead

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Really then its not working because all the sites I've seen not even the ignorant-a$$ teens like it!

You said it man!
    Good, f*ck them!

United States
    Runners: unnecessary. They don't "make it scary". You could have had shamblers in Dawn'04, and it wouldn't have made it "less scary" at all. The situation wouldn't have changed.

As for all that OTHER crap that is supposedly in this film: WTF are they thinking?! Bad, bad, bad. No good to be found in it.

United States
    Alright, I hear a lot of Sh*t talking about Ving Rhames. I have to step up and defend the guy. He is often typecast, but he is a really good actor. Most of his BS tough guy roles are obviously one dimensional, but has anyone here even seen The Don King movie? Ving was freakin awesome in that movie!!! Give the guy a break now. Not to mention, this is Marcellus Wallus we are talking about here.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    Best Ving Rhames movie:

The People Under the Stairs

....I know, he didn't have a huge part, but the movie was cool.

ANNA: I don't know what do do! Steve is being an ass, the chick with the dog is flipping out, and Andy is starving across the street...

VING: You ain't got nuthin' to worry about, Anna. Go out there and chill them muthaf*ckas out, and wait for C.J., who will be arriving directly.
    Last edited by SRP76; 23-Jan-2008 at 04:11 AM.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    Best Ving Rhames movie:

The People Under the Stairs

....I know, he didn't have a huge part, but the movie was cool.

ANNA: I don't know what do do! Steve is being an ass, the chick with the dog is flipping out, and Andy is starving across the street...

VING: You ain't got nuthin' to worry about, Anna. Go out there and chill them muthaf*ckas out, and wait for C.J., who will be arriving directly.
    What about Striptease?? Rhames was the $hit!!!

Undisclosed
    Runners

Undisclosed
    I always love seeing people say "I hate running zombies!"

If I had a horde of them after me ... I would pray that they not be able to run either!

For the record... I do like slow moving zombies, but I do understand ZS'es comment on why his zombies run .... something about not being able to feel pain.... tendons snaping... all they know is that they see prey and the endless hunger.....

But I do see both sides.

In the stories I am writing... my zombies do not run. But its an artistic choice. The "Infected" in the "28" movies were frightening because they were like rabid wolves running down a dear.

Once they locked onto you ... its over Johnny (But at least quickly)

But the slower "Romero" zombie ... is easy to keep away from till his brothers and sisters find you too. Sure you can run... but they never sleep. You will break down eventually from the stress and constant fear till the hoplessness sets in ... You know you are going to die... painfully and there is nothing you can do about it.

So you can see in my examples, the runner is good for fast action and quick scares...

The walker is better for sustained terror and drama.

But DVD or Theater release... I will not be able to resist going to see it ... because I want to give it a chance. I will descide for myself if its ****e.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    hey at least it'll be cheaper than a cinema ticket and you get a handy place mat for your coffee or tea afterwards!!

Well, Amazon.com has the Day of the Dead remake on sale for $26.00, so it doesn't seem like it is goning to be cheaper than a theater ticket--and most cinemas now have cup holders