Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: dawn of the dead.....

United States
    i think i've ran across more mre's in my day than the average bear, and i don't recall any cases of mre's containing more than 24 individual meals per case (maybe only 12, it's been a few years). surely andy would have a few cases (at least) in the surplus store, though. so there's another plot hole for the "haters"

i've not chimed in too much about the land vs. dawn argument, cuz i think it's like comparing apples to oranges. i will say, however, though, that both films are in my dvd collection, if only for completion's sake. i don't watch either of them regularly, as dawn is on tv once a week (why is the original dawn never on tv?) and land is not able to keep my attention, as there are too many little things that i can't get past...there are flaws with dawn 04, true, and some are very big flaws (running, hissing ghouls), but i find it a more enjoyable film, or at least i did upon initial viewing.

while it's not even in the same ballpark as both versions of night, or the original dawn or day, i still remember the first time i saw it (in theaters on opening day with two of my marine buddies on the first afternoon showing-we got off early that weekend after a ten-mile hike) and dawn 04 definitely struck me as a more entertaining movie....

....but maybe that's the key word: entertaining.

(talking myself in circles here, and the ladybird is making dinner, so i'll close here.)

anywho....the dawn vs. land argument will never die, will it?
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 14-Jan-2008 at 10:49 PM.

United States
    The only one real glaring problem I had with Dawn'04 was The Andy Situation.

You have a gaggle of jackasses in a mall. Wonderful. They end up on the roof. Brilliant. They see some poor guy named Andy standing on the roof of a gunshop. Terrific. They ignore him pretty much for the rest of the movie. AAARRRGH!!

Do any of them have a brain in their head?! There's a GUNSHOP across the way. WHY are you monkeys hanging around in a glorified Starbucks all day?! Get your asses over there!

Every waking moment of their miserable existences should have been dedicated to finding a way to open a supply line from that gun store.

But no, we'd rather take our chances swinging O-Cedar mops, plungers, and croquet mallets at the dead when they jump us. Idiots.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    i think i've ran across more mre's in my day than the average bear, and i don't recall any cases of mre's containing more than 24 individual meals per case (maybe only 12, it's been a few years). surely andy would have a few cases (at least) in the surplus store, though. so there's another plot hole for the "haters"

i've not chimed in too much about the land vs. dawn argument, cuz i think it's like comparing apples to oranges. i will say, however, though, that both films are in my dvd collection, if only for completion's sake. i don't watch either of them regularly, as dawn is on tv once a week (why is the original dawn never on tv?) and land is not able to keep my attention, as there are too many little things that i can't get past...there are flaws with dawn 04, true, and some are very big flaws (running, hissing ghouls), but i find it a more enjoyable film, or at least i did upon initial viewing.

while it's not even in the same ballpark as both versions of night, or the original dawn or day, i still remember the first time i saw it (in theaters on opening day with two of my marine buddies on the first afternoon showing-we got off early that weekend after a ten-mile hike) and dawn 04 definitely struck me as a more entertaining movie....

....but maybe that's the key word: entertaining.

(talking myself in circles here, and the ladybird is making dinner, so i'll close here.)

anywho....the dawn vs. land argument will never die, will it?

well yea,ya gotta ration the MRE's cuz if power was out at some spots,that means no plumbing. LOL

and between the stenches and the backed up toilets,it had to smell bad.

Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    The only one real glaring problem I had with Dawn'04 was The Andy Situation.

You have a gaggle of jackasses in a mall. Wonderful. They end up on the roof. Brilliant. They see some poor guy named Andy standing on the roof of a gunshop. Terrific. They ignore him pretty much for the rest of the movie. AAARRRGH!!

Do any of them have a brain in their head?! There's a GUNSHOP across the way. WHY are you monkeys hanging around in a glorified Starbucks all day?! Get your asses over there!

Every waking moment of their miserable existences should have been dedicated to finding a way to open a supply line from that gun store.

But no, we'd rather take our chances swinging O-Cedar mops, plungers, and croquet mallets at the dead when they jump us. Idiots.

LOL yea,it boggles me as to how people dont think normally in a situation like that. also,how did MALL GUARDS A) get guns and B) take a POLICE OFFICER and 4 people hostage. it seems people dont realize once martial law is over,they'll be thrown under the jail at least for imprisoning a cop.

what was with the guy DROPPING A CROW BAR and picking up a mallet? i guess there was some strange logic behind it.

if they worked hard enough,they could have built a causeway between the mall entrance and the front of andy's gun shop. re enforced ply wood and metal with stand up backs on both sides. wide enough to fit oh lets say a mall shuttle in there.

im also guessing with about a weeks worth of damage control,they could have virtually eliminated the zombie threat around the mall and then set up a protective perimeter and sured up the entrances while they were at it.

all in all,snyder wasnt thinking sequel for some reason even after all the money it made. now that ship has sailed and he's looking like a complete dumb ass.

one last thing,if there was so much propane readily available,why not spend an hour lobbing tanks of it over the side of the mall? u saw how much damage one of those things did when they left the mall.
    Last edited by acealive1; 14-Jan-2008 at 11:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post

im also guessing with about a weeks worth of damage control,they could have virtually eliminated the zombie threat around the mall and then set up a protective perimeter and sured up the entrances while they were at it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if remember right weren't zeds appearing more and more each day?

[/QUOTE]

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but if remember right weren't zeds appearing more and more each day?

[/QUOTE]

did u not see how many stenches were layed out with one small propane tank?

Undisclosed
    all in all,snyder wasnt thinking sequel for some reason even after all the money it made. now that ship has sailed and he's looking like a complete dumb ass.
    I love this guy.

United States
    I wouldn't go that far.

Unlike GAR, his entire rep doesn't depend on zombies or that one film.

He simply moved on.

As for GAR...it's pretty much all he has. If it wasn't for the success of the Dawn remake, he would never have had a chance to crap out Land.

And, here it is just a couple of years later, and he's looking to give us even more of the same.

If it weren't for Zack, GAR would be hoping that Anchor Bay would release yet ANOTHER special edition of Dawn...just so it would keep him in McDonald's Dollar Meals for the rest of his convalesence.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    I love this guy.
    im just looking at it rationally. do u really think they had a sequel planned for back to the future or ALL of those jack ryan films?

Undisclosed
    im just looking at it rationally. do u really think they had a sequel planned for back to the future or ALL of those jack ryan films?
    Hey, I agree with you. Snyder could have cared less about DAWN. It may as well have been a Leave it to Beaver remake. His career will follow the usual Hollywood formula as long as he's a good boy and doesn't rock the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcades057 View Post
    If it weren't for Zack, GAR would be hoping that Anchor Bay would release yet ANOTHER special edition of Dawn...just so it would keep him in McDonald's Dollar Meals for the rest of his convalesence.
    Look, it's understood that you seldom know what you're talking about, but for the benefit of everyone else: Romero doesn't make any money from DAWN dvd releases. He was bought out a long time ago by Richard Rubinstein who may have either transfered or sold the rights to a new company, I don't recall which. Perhaps Romero is paid to do a new commentary or interview, but that's about it.

And it's spelled convalescence. Careful with those big words, you may hurt yourself. You may thank me now for helping you out.
    Last edited by DubiousComforts; 15-Jan-2008 at 07:27 AM.

United States
    Well, since Back to the Future actually had "To Be Continued" at the end, I'd say yes, they did plan to have sequels.

Undisclosed
    Well, since Back to the Future actually had "To Be Continued" at the end, I'd say yes, they did plan to have sequels.
    They did plan for the Back To The Future sequels, and even shot parts 2 & 3 simultaneously. And I'm sure that Tom Clancy was hoping for many Jack Ryan movies, so I don't agree with Ace on those examples. But other than that, he's sure got Hack Snyder's number.

United States
    I don't see how you could make a Dawn'04 sequel, though. Everyone - everyone - died at the end!

Unless you guys mean doing a Day remake to follow it up. But that's already being covered.

Undisclosed
    I don't see how you could make a Dawn'04 sequel, though. Everyone - everyone - died at the end!
    We may think they all died, but we only really saw the zombies killing a camera.

And the head in cooler was still kickin'. I'm sure it had all sorts of wacky adventures after scaring off our heroes.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    We may think they all died, but we only really saw the zombies killing a camera.

And the head in cooler was still kickin'. I'm sure it had all sorts of wacky adventures after scaring off our heroes.

The Adventures of Head. Awesome flick. Should win Best Picture. Hey, if that stupidassed The Last Emperor can win it over the awesome The Untouchables, anything is possible!

Undisclosed
    The Adventures of Head. Awesome flick. Should win Best Picture.
    HEAD of the DEAD
    The brains are already dead
    It's the idiots that are still alive

We'd better copyright this quickly!