Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: dawn of the dead.....

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    HEAD of the DEAD
    The brains are already dead
    It's the idiots that are still alive

We'd better copyright this quickly!

Starring the cast of American Pie. I hate those idiotic excuses for "movies". Everyone involved should be eaten in our new Dead film.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    They did plan for the Back To The Future sequels, and even shot parts 2 & 3 simultaneously.
    In my best impression of Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor in Superman Returns....

...WRONG!!!

Sorry, but the "To Be Continued..." at the end of the first BTTF was only a joke. The film is about time travel so they thought it would be funny to have the delorean fly off and then read "To Be Continued....". Several years later they decided to make the sequels together.

It's all discussed by the creators on multiple Documentaries.

I'm a BTTF fan.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    They did plan for the Back To The Future sequels, and even shot parts 2 & 3 simultaneously. And I'm sure that Tom Clancy was hoping for many Jack Ryan movies, so I don't agree with Ace on those examples. But other than that, he's sure got Hack Snyder's number.

a lot of movies end with cliff hangersand dontget sequels........ the blob,anyone?
    matrix almost didnt have one for the simple fact it took so long in between the first and reloaded.

hmm lemme see theres more films like this out there. and yes i know BTTF 2 and 3 were shot at the same time,i was only in the immediate area when it was happening

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    The film is about time travel so they thought it would be funny to have the delorean fly off and then read "To Be Continued....". Several years later they decided to make the sequels together.
    I wasn't referring to the "To Be Continued" tag, but for how long do you really believe they were clueless as to making a sequel? The films were all released within 4-5 years.

I'm sure Michael J. Fox really had to think really hard about continuing with Back To The Future given the hot Teen Wolf franchise.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcades057 View Post
    As for GAR...it's pretty much all he has. If it wasn't for the success of the Dawn remake, he would never have had a chance to crap out Land.
    What's with this general consensus that Dawn 04 spawned the current speight of Z movies?

The series was revived with 28 days later....then Shaun of the Dead, THEN the Dawn remake...then Land.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I wasn't referring to the "To Be Continued" tag, but for how long do you really believe they were clueless as to making a sequel? The films were all released within 4-5 years.

I'm sure Michael J. Fox really had to think really hard about continuing with Back To The Future given the hot Teen Wolf franchise.
    Watch the documentaries on the DVDs. There was no intention of a sequel at the time of filming. Whether it was a hit or not, the creators weren't even thinking of a sequel.

When it was a huge hit the studio wanted a sequel so THEN Zemeckis and Gale decided that they had better do a sequel instead of letting someone else come in and ruin it.

The intention of a trilogy was never there during the making of the original.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    What's with this general consensus that Dawn 04 spawned the current speight of Z movies?

The series was revived with 28 days later....then Shaun of the Dead, THEN the Dawn remake...then Land.
    On that I would say: maybe....maybe not.

28 Days came out first...but I actually think that it was the general trend in remakes in Hollywood that had more to do with remaking Dawn than the so-so success of 28 Days.

Shaun didn't come out in the States until well after Dawn 04 did....and Dawn 04 was way more successful.

I think Universal saw that success, and decided to roll the dice on a GAR film.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    On that I would say: maybe....maybe not.

28 Days came out first...but I actually think that it was the general trend in remakes in Hollywood that had more to do with remaking Dawn than the so-so success of 28 Days.

Shaun didn't come out in the States until well after Dawn 04 did....and Dawn 04 was way more successful.

I think Universal saw that success, and decided to roll the dice on a GAR film.
    I dunno, 28 days got a LOT of critical acclaim on its release - Dawn and Shaun were released at the same time....? Maybeit got to the states a bit later, granted...but 28 days caused a major hype amongst movie maniacs like you and me....your argument about remakes is certainly valid, at that point every other film was a sequel, remake or spin off....but in my mind 28 days later set the pavement for Dawn 05 to be released - let's face it, if anything dawn 04 was a complete and utter rip off of 28 days later...

United States
    I dunno, 28 days got a LOT of critical acclaim on its release - Dawn and Shaun were released at the same time....? Maybeit got to the states a bit later, granted...but 28 days caused a major hype amongst movie maniacs like you and me....your argument about remakes is certainly valid, at that point every other film was a sequel, remake or spin off....but in my mind 28 days later set the pavement for Dawn 05 to be released - let's face it, if anything dawn 04 was a complete and utter rip off of 28 days later...
    I wouldn't say it was a "complete and utter rip off of 28 days later".

The only thing they had in common was the running zombies.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    The intention of a trilogy was never there during the making of the original.
    It's not a huge deal, and I'm not even saying that they specifically planned a trilogy or had a blueprint for subsequent films. I just don't believe when any filmmaker claims that the thought of sequels or a franchise never crossed his mind, particularly in the 80s. Indiana Jones? Romancing The Stone? Porky's? Come on!

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    I wouldn't say it was a "complete and utter rip off of 28 days later".

The only thing they had in common was the running zombies.
    haha did you not see the camera work when they exit the mall? the whole thing was filmed almost identically to 28 days....plus running zombies, similar screamy sound effects (cat like stuff - acceptable in terms of infected but zombies screaming like demons? Nah), seriously the second half of the movie felt just like a 28 days sequel

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It's not a huge deal, and I'm not even saying that they specifically planned a trilogy or had a blueprint for subsequent films. I just don't believe when any filmmaker claims that the thought of sequels or a franchise never crossed his mind, particularly in the 80s. Indiana Jones? Romancing The Stone? Porky's? Come on!
    Well, maybe. I'm just going off of what the two creators have stated.

United States
    haha did you not see the camera work when they exit the mall? the whole thing was filmed almost identically to 28 days....plus running zombies, similar screamy sound effects (cat like stuff - acceptable in terms of infected but zombies screaming like demons? Nah), seriously the second half of the movie felt just like a 28 days sequel
    Here, I'll answer that with a quote from yourself:

thats the biggest crock of **** I've read on this forum

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I had never made that connection, but you're right. Just slap on a slightly different beginning to Dawn04 and you've got an american sequel to 28 Days.

United States
    Nah, I'm sorry but I'm not buying that. 28 Days and Dawn '04 are similar yes, but all zombie movies are similar dude. They both ripped off what came before. Maybe Dawn04 took the screaming from 28days, big whoop. I hardly see that as Dawn being a rip off of 28days later. Dawn04 was a rip off of the original Dawn.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."