Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: dawn of the dead.....

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    That's an insult to RotLD, which is a great movie although it didn't blow DAY out of the water theatrically. A general release R rated comedy/parody vs. an unrated horror/shocker with very limited distribution? Give me a break. Did you see either film during the summer of 1985, or even recall what the advertising was like?

RotLD also didn't invent "fast" zombies--Re-Animator did.
    RotLD is my favortie of all zombie films; too much fun, over the top performances, great cast ....

I'd have to give the nod to Return on inventing the running zombie.

Re-Animator was released in Oct 1985 while RotLD was Released in May 1985. Obviously, Re-Animator didn't use thier idea, but, first is first.

Oct 1985

United States
    Reanimator did invent the gut-choke and the undead titty lick tho!!
    Last edited by clanglee; 17-Jan-2008 at 09:28 PM.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    Did you see either film during the summer of 1985, or even recall what the advertising was like?

ah 1985 - big hair, great speed metal, and a couple of awesome zombie flicks. i saw them both in 85 - had to get myself snuck into day by a friend who worked at the theater. i also remember that return was advertised quite a bit with the comedy aspect played up in the ads if i remember correctly and day wasn't hardly advertised at all. horror mags were the only reason we knew it was coming out at all. we only knew that it was going to play at the esquire because an older friend worked there.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    Reanimator did invent the gut-choke and the undead titty lick tho!!
    they also invented a rat playing with a severed penis

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio70 View Post
    ah 1985 - big hair, great speed metal, and a couple of awesome zombie flicks. i saw them both in 85 - had to get myself snuck into day by a friend who worked at the theater. i also remember that return was advertised quite a bit with the comedy aspect played up in the ads if i remember correctly and day wasn't hardly advertised at all. horror mags were the only reason we knew it was coming out at all. we only knew that it was going to play at the esquire because an older friend worked there.

LOL

Myself and a girl snuck in as well !

United States
    No, I was 11 in 85, I saw them both when they came out on video tho. But the similarities are there. Both Dawn'04 and ROTLD were Released at the same time as a GAR Dead movie. And both movies were great non-GAR zombie movies.

And yeah, ROTLD had a LOT more advertising than Day. Also Day had limited release because of the Unrated status. But my point was that both ROTLD and Dawn'04 were more financially successful zombie movies released in the same year as a Romero movie.

Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    they also invented a rat playing with a severed penis

I'm pretty sure the Aztecs might have invented something like that before Reanimator.
    Last edited by clanglee; 18-Jan-2008 at 02:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."