Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: dawn of the dead.....

Chasing Prey

Canada

dawn of the dead.....

ok so i watched it for the first time in a long time last night/this morning. and the one thing that got me was why the fcuk did they not just wait it out in the mall? also,what was with the whole not grabbing enough ammunition? and also giving the old man a chainsaw was bad too.

also,they had a sports store in the mall,no one thought to grab some roller blading pads to shield themselves from bites? or what about in andy's store? no armor to be had? or just too dumb to remember to get it?

one more thing,why did that dumb ass girl go over to andy's shop when she knew the dog made it in safe but then andy was lunch meat soon after?

United States
    They told you why they left the mall. They were sick of waiting around to get picked off one by one. They felt if they stayed, it could only end in death eventually.

And forget pads; I'd go with leather trenchcoat, gloves, and boots. Ever bite a cow? This would have the same effect.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    In a nutshell, it's an action movie with little thought put into it.

Not exactly a thinking man's film.

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    Leaving the mall was dumb, but who knows how stir crazy a group might get after an extended period of time, regardless of the seemingly ideal surroundings. I agree, it was dumb, but the chick going to Andy's to get the dog takes the cake, although I've known plenty of idiotic females that might do something equally stupid.
    I also watched it the other day and noticed the following:

- At the final dock scene, there appear to be numerous boats pulled off-dock. I always thought that would be one of the best ways to survive, and there would naturally be boat owners seeking that refuge. In this case, it just didn't fit into the ending I guess.

- Why in the hell would there be a head in a cooler in a tiny boat?

- The chick in the video on Steve's boat is the hottest female in any zombie film I've seen.

- The chick

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Hoosier View Post
    - The chick in the video on Steve's boat is the hottest female in any zombie film I've seen.
    *high-five*

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Hoosier View Post
    Leaving the mall was dumb, but who knows how stir crazy a group might get after an extended period of time, regardless of the seemingly ideal surroundings. I agree, it was dumb, but the chick going to Andy's to get the dog takes the cake, although I've known plenty of idiotic females that might do something equally stupid.
    I also watched it the other day and noticed the following:

- At the final dock scene, there appear to be numerous boats pulled off-dock. I always thought that would be one of the best ways to survive, and there would naturally be boat owners seeking that refuge. In this case, it just didn't fit into the ending I guess.

- Why in the hell would there be a head in a cooler in a tiny boat?

- The chick

i'd love going stir crazy and having all the amenities of being at home rather than being outside of the mall and being lunch.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    Ever bite a cow? This would have the same effect.
    Ummmm. . I'm scared to ask, but have you?
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    Ummmm. . I'm scared to ask, but have you?
    Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get close enough. Believe me, I'm a mega-fan of beef. I'd eat a cow raw if I could.

All I see when I pass a field full of them is ribeye steaks, porterhouse, prime rib, beef tips, hamburgers...

....damn, now I'm hungry....

United States
    Ok then. Yeah, I guess we've all(well most of us) taken a bite out of a cow now that I think about it. Just had the hide removed first.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    yeah I watched this movie last night, well some of it...

What really annoys me more than anything is somehow the zombie infection changes the vocal chords of the undead and makes them sound like cats...?? Suspect.

What really annoys me also, is the human's instant descent into evil....we weren't more than 20 mins into the movie before the "bad guy" shows up toting his gun around with boneheaded cohorts...excuse me for point out, but didn't it take a fair amount of pressure to turn people into evil, self centred morons in the original movies?

What really annoys me also is comparing the pregnant woman's death timing to the little girls, the pregnant woman takes days and days whilst the little girl, who suffered only a lip biting (which I'm pretty sure would kill you through eventual blood loss (?) or infection) turned on the dawn of the outbreak....why was the little girl not writhing in agony for days before dying? Why didn't the pregnant woman turn almost immediately? Sure there's a difference in the severity of the wounds but no real change in their mortality rate - surviving having her lips ripped off in a car accident of some kind seems completely survivable as there's no arteries there...maybe. Also compare this to the fat woman brought in a trolley to the mall - she was deep in the throws of infection - there was no mortal wounds there right? So a zombie bit her, and she turned - if she died she would've been a cat-like screaming ghoul a long time before they got her out of the truck - so if she sustained a non-fatal zombie bite that killed her through infection - why didn't the pregnant woman turn as quickly?

What really annoys me also, is the complete lack of emotion or real interaction with the mall...it was a setpiece and that's all.

What annoys me more than anything else, if they'd called this movie 29 Days later: American Outbreak I'd have enjoyed it a lot more...also remove the mall from the equation too, and the zombie baby.

Oh and get rid of the stupid token goth, token troubled policeman, token bad guy that turns good, token redneck fighters, token good honest white guy, token smarmy git
    Last edited by SymphonicX; 08-Jan-2008 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    So, are you saying you don't like it?

United States
    I don't recall a token Goth. And when did goth become token?

United States
    Not to mention troubled cops and redneck fighters. I can't remember seeing a movie that featured redneck fighters, except maybe Next Of Kin.

Undisclosed
    I think that people will go stir crazy if not given anything to look forward to. I think their move to make a run for it and try out their luck on an Island or on the Lake is very reasonable. Having said this...I will say that most of us have a different perspective on the situation...being Dead Heads we have this feeling that we know better and often we do. I work from home and at times go a week without leaving the house...this can cause a little bit of anxiety and make one have a need to leave. You go to town for an hour or so and you are back to normal and can now go home for another extended stay. One must also recognize that my home is in the middle of no-where and I can go days with out seeing anyone (except family) No neighbors to say hi to, no-one. So looking at the film from a limited knowledge point of view has me convinced that most people put in the same position would do the same thing.

Except me...FVck That...leave a perfectly good bunker type establishment for the water...no thanks ma!

United States
    Why do people have a problem with them leaving the mall in the first place?

In every discussion about the original, all I see is "the mall was just a fool's paradise", "the mall was more a prison than a salvation", and blah-blah-blah. The characters are ridiculed for taking refuge in the mall.

Yet, in the remake, people complain that the characters don't sit in the mall forever. W...T....F.....