Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Problems with this site?

England
    As of yesterday when i logged in its been running as it should for me,have any problems been found & dealt with or is it just going through an ok phase again?
    Ive been having the problems with it for a good few months now,with short periods of it being ok again,not sure why!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    As of yesterday when i logged in its been running as it should for me,have any problems been found & dealt with or is it just going through an ok phase again?
    Ive been having the problems with it for a good few months now,with short periods of it being ok again,not sure why!
    Nothing's been changed...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Very strange,as of this log in (15:34),the site is working,but theres no tabs at the top of the page (main,films,fiction etc) just a white bar!Il keep you informed of any more problems

Super Moderator

UK
    I've got an odd one, which I've had before - I'm only received some post response email notifications. This happened a good while back, something about the amount of emails you were allowed to send out Neil or something, eventually I was getting no notifications at all, then it clocked over to a new month and I was again...I duno...something like that.

Point being - I'm only getting notifications for some responses, rather than all like I normally do.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Very strange,as of this log in (15:34),the site is working,but theres no tabs at the top of the page (main,films,fiction etc) just a white bar!Il keep you informed of any more problems
    Implies a page load failure for the tab bar frame...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    The random email notifications continue, didn't get one telling me of a response to this thread...hmmm.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    The random email notifications continue, didn't get one telling me of a response to this thread...hmmm.
    Did you get one for this?
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Did you get one for this?
    Aye, got one for this.

Seems quite random.

capncnut
    Spoke too soon. Got booted out of this forum three times today already. Randomly cuts to Internet Explorer error screen and no refresh sorts it, basically you have to wait a couple of minutes and log back on. Happened between 12.40 and 1.10pm.

Super Moderator

UK
    Didn't get a response email to this, nor a bunch of other threads...random.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Didn't get a response email to this, nor a bunch of other threads...random.
    I'll look into it!
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Nay email for this one either...Dead Discussion, Dead Remakes and Land forums all are mostly not giving me email responses either. GD, Media and Games are more likely to give me email notifications at the moment...very odd.

Happened before as I said, then was resolved, but hasn't happened since...well, until now that is.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    ok guys i am encountering a problem today.

it is 11:15 am (my time) and the site is running very slowly for me. it is taking about 2 or 3 mins for me to get from the homepage to the forums. every other site i have visited today has loaded like lightning - the way it should. i am getting on every time and am not getting any sort of error message

it taking about 3 mins for a page to load and when i head back to the main room the shout box takes forever to load up.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

England
    Well,yesterday i couldnt get on at all!i wanted to post something & cant remember what it was now!
    Ive had a bit of a struggle getting on now as well (19:00) but finally got here,its just taken its time!

England
    Well,im still having no end of problems getting on here!more often than not im not even trying anymore