Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Problems with this site?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Well,im still having no end of problems getting on here!more often than not im not even trying anymore
    We have located the problem and are working on fixing it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    We have located the problem and are working on fixing it.
    to quote mr. burns exxxccellleeennnt.

l am getting in but am still getting database errors every so often.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio70 View Post
    to quote mr. burns exxxccellleeennnt.

l am getting in but am still getting database errors every so often.
    Due to the nature of the problem and its solution it could be a matter of days or even weeks before these errors stop completely, but i can tell you the worse of it is behind us, and i want to thank you all for bearing with us through the last few weeks.

England
    Ah good stuff,looking forward to problem free usage!

Administrator

England
    If you do get a bad spell please do report it!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

capncnut
    Had a nightmarish spell yesterday evening and the whole main site was flashing white with no front pic! Everytime I hit the forum, 'Database Error' kept coming up and the only remedy was to leave it for a couple of hours and then come back.

capncnut
    And again today, had the database error screen flash up sporadically over the last couple of hours. The last one occurred at 14.42.

Super Moderator

UK
    Around about mid-day it was running slow as a poke. Seems fine again now.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I got the database error screen for about 10 minutes today at 1:34 EST.

Super Moderator

UK
    I had one when I was on about 2 hours ago.

capncnut
    Dunno if anyones been experiencing the problems I've had over the last two days but it has taken a serious amount of effort to get on. The navbar at the top hasn't been showing up, I wait and then it says 'Internet Explorer cannot show the page'. Five or more attempts later and I finally got in.

Happened last night and happened just now at 19.20.

England
    Im having the same problems as you capn,its taking forever to load pages up,if they appear at all!a couple of times ive typed up quite long posts,then when ive hit submit its hung for a while,then just come up with the "this page cannot be displayed" message & ive lost what i typed which is annoying!hence my absence at the moment as its frustrating more often than not!When i open the main homepage, quite often the nav bar doesnt appear but the main page does,and sometimes its the other way round,the nav bar appears but the rest of the page just stays white...

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Im having the same problems as you capn,its taking forever to load pages up,if they appear at all!a couple of times ive typed up quite long posts,then when ive hit submit its hung for a while,then just come up with the "this page cannot be displayed" message & ive lost what i typed which is annoying!hence my absence at the moment as its frustrating more often than not!When i open the main homepage, quite often the nav bar doesnt appear but the main page does,and sometimes its the other way round,the nav bar appears but the rest of the page just stays white...

i have been having some similar trouble but not to the extent as tricky. sometimes the tabs won't appear at the top of the mainpage to allow me to hit "forums"

i am still getting these database errors every so often.

overall there can be slow performance- the emoticons loadiing one by one over time and messages taking a bit to post.

and sometimes it takes like 5 or 6 tries to get the chatroom to fire up.

when i have these problems i usually back out and load some other pages just to see if the problem is on my end. all the other pages load as fast as you would expect them to with highspeed cable.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Super Moderator

UK
    Tricky - I always CTRL+C all my text in a post before clicking Quick Reply or whatever. ALWAYS.

Because if you get that bugger up, you've got that text saved on your computer's 'clipboard'. It's just a little thing I do, really helps whenever the untoward happens.

Of course, sometimes I've been writing a lot and then the computer crashes, but that's not the forum...that's just f*ckin' ghey.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Do you guys come to the forum via the main page (homepageofthedead.com) and just click the forum tab, or do you do what I do and just come directly to the forum?

I seem to have less issues when I come straight to the forum (forum.homepageofthedead.com)

However, this is not a good fix, it buggers up a lot doing this as well. I do notice, even from work that the forum takes a very long time to load. In fact in the last hour I have been online 6:30am EST - 7:30am EST, the forum is taking approximately 45-60 seconds to load enough data just to make a reply, the full complete load takes 2+ minutes.

I think the server hosting this site is screwed.

However, using the direct link seems to cut down on the amount of issues.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*