Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Problems with this site?

Super Moderator

UK
    Well certainly not a couple of seconds.

Upwards of 30 seconds, sometimes a whole minute, sometimes the request doesn't complete and you get whatever message you get when something's taken to long or failed to go through, then I have to refresh and that takes ages and I usually get a message saying 'duplicate message' or whatever it is and then I finally get taken to my post I clicked "post quick reply" on about 2 minutes prior.

Was running as such just now actually, took ages for the info to go through the pipe. Meanwhile, Melon Farmers came up quickly as normal...very confusing.

capncnut
    Page navigation for me yesterday afternoon was around 45-60 seconds.

Super Moderator

UK
    I'm having bouts of proper sluggishness in the mornings now, just took about 2 minutes for pages to load.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I'm having bouts of proper sluggishness in the mornings now, just took about 2 minutes for pages to load.
    Happening to me right now, son.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Neil,

this site is lagging badly today. Now whenit lagged before I blamed it partly on the site and my sh1TTy Comcast cable internet connection. Now, I have a 15mbps/2mbps FIOS connection and the site took over 45 seconds for the forum main page to load, for me to type my reply into the diary board it took a minute for it to load the reply page, and 20+ seconds for it to submit.

There is no way two internet connections can be bad, especially since the fios set up is 100% fiber optic.

The server for the site is crap, time to maybe search out a new server or host.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Administrator

England
    I concur, and we're now in the process of finding a new home...

Apologies for the speed and problems - I've been hoping that it would get sorted and save a potential shed load of work, but things are just not improving. So, a new server it is hopefully over the coming few weeks...

There will obviously be a bit of down time during this move, but that should only effect the forum, fiction section and gallery, and hopefully will only mean a couple of days of interuption...

Once more information is available I'll post it...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I concur, and we're now in the process of finding a new home...
    And if anyone who posted with problems in this thread complains about the site being down, I'm getting the guns out.

Choosing the right time for the changeover must be difficult.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    well I will be filming the next 3 weekends after easter, so if it happens over a weekend it won't affect me at all.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Super Moderator

UK
    ...masturbation marathon it is then...

I've had a lot of lag this past week, comes intermittently. Sometimes fine, sometimes iffy, sometimes unbearably slow.

*generic wanking joke follow-up* (too lazy to think of one )

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    ...masturbation marathon it is then...

Nothing like a good jerk session to keep one occupied when there is DOWN time.

Here is a pic MZ to help stimulate ya...
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ive tried logging into this site on and off all day whilst ive been working at my pc and this is the first time ive got in ,eveyr other time ive got "page not found" or database error, and its running slow, reaaaal slow.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    ive tried logging into this site on and off all day whilst ive been working at my pc and this is the first time ive got in ,eveyr other time ive got "page not found" or database error, and its running slow, reaaaal slow.
    Yes, it was pretty dire for most of the day - Seems to be a bit better now...

Needless to say we're looking to move so not much longer now...
    Last edited by Neil; 25-Mar-2008 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

capncnut
    Gosh, you guys need to get your skates on with this move. It has taken me the best part of 30 minutes to get on today and each page is taking a good minute to navigate. I've had 'page cant be displayed', 'database error', crashed main page (which I didn't get a grab of). Proper malfunctions all round!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Gosh, you guys need to get your skates on with this move. It has taken me the best part of 30 minutes to get on today and each page is taking a good minute to navigate. I've had 'page cant be displayed', 'database error', crashed main page (which I didn't get a grab of). Proper malfunctions all round!
    I agree..... As the major point of the move is to improve the VBulletin performance I want to ensure Andy is happy with any proposed server... So I just need a nod from Andy and the ball is rolling...
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Aye, you wanna do it right and not rush it for the sake of rushing it.

But the forum was intolerably slow for me this morning, absolute pain in the hairy, fleshy part 'round back. Errors and resets up the wazoo.