Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Problems with this site?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Aye, you wanna do it right and not rush it for the sake of rushing it.

But the forum was intolerably slow for me this morning, absolute pain in the hairy, fleshy part 'round back. Errors and resets up the wazoo.
    Indeed over the past day or two it's been generally terrible! Can't move soon enough to be honest!!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

capncnut
    Well, the nastiness has returned. I dunno if anyone else has experienced the general slowness and database errors over the last few days...

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Well, the nastiness has returned. I dunno if anyone else has experienced the general slowness and database errors over the last few days...
    Invariably periods of poor performance or error will occur. The problem is when they occur too often or for too long...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Ok, had to re-open this can of worms, but the site is acting hokey again.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

capncnut
    F**king hell Neil, whats going on mate? This is the first time I've had a successful lock-on in three hours without a white screen of death or a database error. Place is proper falling to bits, end of.

Administrator

England
    Yes there was/is a problem... In the process of resolving it...
    -Carl Sagan

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Neil,

the lag on this site is really really bad. No kidding it took 58 seconds for the Post Reply function to work just so I could type this message. The other threads and forums run just as slow, and it is just becoming frustrating. Seriously, in the day and age of High Speed internet I feel like I am on a 19200 Modem when surfing HPotD
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    the lag on this site is really really bad.
    Oh, it's diabolical. You see my last message from two weeks ago? That is how long the site has taken to process this one.

But seriously, for the last two weeks or so now it is taking me on average around 30 seconds to 2 minutes to navigate a page or post a message. That is quite bad...

Administrator

England
    It's being looked at believe me!
    -Carl Sagan

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    It's being looked at believe me!
    Well obviously it isnt because this is the first time I have got in here since noon. Sort the f**king servers out!

Hate to be agressive but man, how much longer do we have to put up with this s**t?

United States
    I am having probs too. First, couldn't get on site, then pages taking forever to load! Been going on for some weeks now! I just wanted you guys to know!!

capncnut
    I can't believe nobody else has posted about this other than me and Deb. Then again, maybe they couldn't . To be frank, todays performance has been nothing short of appalling.

Administrator

England
    Well obviously it isnt because this is the first time I have got in here since noon. Sort the f**king servers out!
    There is a general http issue at the moment. This is either something to do with this server or AT&T's network.

Note: This is nothing to do with any previous issues, which I've been keeping a close eye on (obviously). TBH it's slightly unfortunate as we're at the end of a week that has seen generally very good forum/MySQL performance.

Hate to be agressive but man, how much longer do we have to put up with this s**t?
    As long as it takes for me to see there's a problem, and then as long as it takes resolve it? Your aggressive tone of course is most appreciated, and there's nothing like getting up an 7:07 in the morning to find such a lovely constructive post waiting for you... Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Debbieangel View Post
    I am having probs too. First, couldn't get on site, then pages taking forever to load! Been going on for some weeks now! I just wanted you guys to know!!
    There has been a problem this morning, which I can see logged...

If you've been having this problem (slow loading) 'for some weeks', then I'm confused... As I'd say speed has been improving, especially this week (uptill this morning)...
    Last edited by Neil; 20-Jul-2008 at 06:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Personally, my performance has been much improved since the slow moving a few weeks back. I've had a couple of patches, which were brief, when the site took longer or was going sluggish - but the performance was such that I'd forgotten about the server issues or what have you, and was surprised by the brief slowdown a few days back.

Capn - I understand the nuisance of not being able to get on, but these things do take time, especially for someone who's got a Mrs and a couple of tots running around. At least ask nicely, cos Neil does put a lot of time and effort and even money into HPOTD, and has done so over many years, eh?

England
    Its been slow but bearable for me for weeks, but today its taking upto 5 mins for a page to load.
    Cheers
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA