Thread: gene, gene the dancing machine...

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada

gene, gene the dancing machine...

if you were around in the 70s you might have fond memories of "the gong show", argueably the craziest thing that has ever been on american tv. the show featured people (usually of absolutely no talent or performing really bizarre acts) performing before a three person panel made up of grade z "celebrities." the prize for winning was $516.32.

when the show would run a bit short they would bring out one of the crew members, gene the dancing machine and he and chuck barris (the host) would "dance." chuck barris was also obviously plastered to the gills on cocaine every single show.

this a clip of the two of them:

"The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Undisclosed
    I loved that show!!!

Take a look at Confessions of a dangerous mind...

Great flick about the man...based on the Unauthorized Autobiography...get it!!

He was a crazy man!!

Lots of interviews from the former employee, including none other than Gene Gene the Dancing Machine...you know he was a double amputee...fake legs my friends

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy911sc View Post
    including none other than Gene Gene the Dancing Machine...you know he was a double amputee...fake legs my friends
    really? wow never knew that. maybe that's why he couldn't dance

looking back i am surprised that my parents let me watch this show, given the fact that it was full of people obviously on something and the huge amount of sexual innuendo that went on. although the innuendo was probably over my head when i was 9 anyway.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."