Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Heath Ledger found dead in apartment...

United States
    Terrible news. And TDK comes out next month(?) so I'm pretty sure that everything is finished with it.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    its been a couple hours now since the news broke and I sat there watching A Knight's Tale as a last Hurrah in memory of Heath, and when it was over I still couldn't believe he is dead.

Such a shame. He is truly going to be missed by this avid movie fan.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pidemiC View Post
    Terrible news. And TDK comes out next month(?) so I'm pretty sure that everything is finished with it.
    July 18th

United States
    Hmm wonder what drug it was?

same one as Brad Renfro?

Such a shame too, cuz I read an interview with him
    in rolling stone and he was a real cool guy
    very humble and seemed like he was ok with
    the whole crazy lifestyle.

R.I.P. Heath

Its always the ones you least expect
    when you least expect it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by kortick View Post
    Hmm wonder what drug it was?

same one as Brad Renfro?
    i've heard scuttlebutt about brad renfro that the coroner is of the opinion that it was a lethal combination of xanax and alcohol (that'll certainly get it done) that killed him. i don't know what the M.E. is basing this on though -most likely evidence found at the scene, just like in heath ledger's case.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Christmas Island
    A shame. Heath was a very good actor with a great deal of potential. He was the only thing that made A Knight's tale worth watching.

United States
    i gotta agree with mo on this one....how is it possible that in a world of worthless imbeciles (chris crocker, brittney spears, danny bonaduce, etc) one of the finest actors under 30 is the one to die...there's like two dozen celebs who this should've happened to...

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    i gotta agree with mo on this one....how is it possible that in a world of worthless imbeciles (chris crocker, brittney spears, danny bonaduce, etc) one of the finest actors under 30 is the one to die...there's like two dozen celebs who this should've happened to...
    you forgot amy winehouse in your list- she is certainly on a fast spiral to overdose/suicide.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusIncredulous View Post
    He was the only thing that made A Knight's tale worth watching.
    Was that sarcasm.....?

If I was handed a million dollars for watching that movie this is what I would say right afterwards.....

"Wow that was awsome!!! I just got a million bucks!....though its a shame that the movie sucked so bad"

Nonetheless its a shame he died....he was a capable and talented actor....(but that doesnt make Knights Tale anywhere close to watchable)

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio70 View Post
    i've heard scuttlebutt about brad renfro that the coroner is of the opinion that it was a lethal combination of xanax and alcohol (that'll certainly get it done) that killed him. i don't know what the M.E. is basing this on though -most likely evidence found at the scene, just like in heath ledger's case.
    Just read in a crawler in TV that police believe drugs may have played a role due to prescription medications found at the scene & another container of pills in the bathroom. So it may have been an accidental sleeping/painkiller &/or alcohol OD.

Damn shame either way.

Christmas Island
    Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post
    Was that sarcasm.....?

If I was handed a million dollars for watching that movie this is what I would say right afterwards.....

"Wow that was awsome!!! I just got a million bucks!....though its a shame that the movie sucked so bad"

Nonetheless its a shame he died....he was a capable and talented actor....(but that doesnt make Knights Tale anywhere close to watchable)

I got sucked into seeing it with friends who should've known better yet Heath's performance made the film tolerable but only for one viewing.

capncnut
    I just this minute woke up with the news being read on my radio and now I feel like s**t. This has to be the most important actor death in the last ten years and it might buck up these striking actors into sorting their lives out. I'm hearing that with playing The Joker in The Dark Knight, he was getting two hours sleep a night on average and has been taking pills to combat this; I highly doubt it was suicide. The world has lost a potential 'great' and I'm sure there are many weeping girls out there this morning. R.I.P.

"You gotta approach every day as if it's your last." ~Skip, Lords Of Dogtown

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    thats a damn shame he was a good actor that wasnt pidgeon holed or typecast, thats a rare thing nowadays.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    If it's an overdose there's surely only one person to blame?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    If it's an overdose there's surely only one person to blame?
    Things aren't as simple as that, it could've been completely accidental. Low metabolism combined with a couple of pills that wouldn't ordinarily kill a person. I guess we'll have to wait and see later today when the post mortem results are in.