Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Left 4 Dead - Most wanted game of 2008

United Kingdom
    The normal AI infected are much like the ones is 28 Days, they can run and clmb, and maybe jump a bit? The player controlled boss infected are the ones that have really superhuman abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    man, i want this game pretty bad, but still think we need an open-world, san andreas-style game with shamblers....kinda like dead rising, but with lots of little villages, towns and burgs to raid, explore, etc.
    I just hope Exanimus developers pick up the pace a bit, at the moment they seem to be a zombie-lovers only hope of a zombie MMO.

This is the world map idea for their game.

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States
    So glad to see that this game is not just chugging towards completion, but is doing so with such consumer and industry confidence.

Hells yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    I just hope Exanimus developers pick up the pace a bit, at the moment they seem to be a zombie-lovers only hope of a zombie MMO.
    !!!Holy ****!!! This is the first I've heard of this project and a quick google-perusing just made me very happy

Let's just hope it stays alive. I will not think of all the corpses of would-be MMOs littering the landscape of the gaming industry.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    there was some great footage on gametrailers.com this week, its looking great.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    That footage is GREAT! Can't wait for this!

Administrator

England
    God I hope my machine can play it...
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    Release date pushed back to November now...
    -Carl Sagan

capncnut
    And expect further delays, always the way with the best titles. Personally, I don't give a monkeys c**t, all I want is Alan Wake.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    And expect further delays, always the way with the best titles. Personally, I don't give a monkeys c**t, all I want is Alan Wake.
    That's beyond my machine
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    That's beyond my machine
    Get an Xbox360!

Man alive I want my mits on Alan Wake!

*sigh* ... no, not his cock ...

Yeah I saw the new delay for L4D, so many games get delayed now, it's daft, they should just shut the hell up, say nothing more than a year, and until they're really, really, really ready to give a date that they can definitely stick to, THEN say a release day.

Sheesh!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    and then have that drive you bat**** crazy like remedy with alan wake.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    and then have that drive you bat**** crazy like remedy with alan wake.
    I'd rather wait and then one day get a definite release, rather than the constant disappointment you get with constant delays, ala STALKER which did that. They'd set a date, then break it, set a new one, break that.

Fortunately I thought it was awesome when it arrived, but even their Clear Sky add-on stand alone thingy has been put back a few months I think.

I'd rather just get a ballpark year and then just wait for an absolute.

Not thinking about an awesome game that's ages away is better than getting kicked in the nuts two weeks before release.

Administrator

England
    -Carl Sagan