Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Left 4 Dead - Most wanted game of 2008

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    These 'mini-finales' sound cool. I mean, who doesn't like a last stand situation?

Still a bit peeved about the November release though.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    These 'mini-finales' sound cool. I mean, who doesn't like a last stand situation?

Still a bit peeved about the November release though.
    I'm just concerned about it running on my machine.

My old P4-3Ghz runs HL2 fine but runs Team Fortress 2 just about OK - choppy when lots of people or close quarter action...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United Kingdom
    Fingers crossed Neil. I dunno much about computers but a while back when I'd saved up some money I upgraded my graphics card and added some more RAM, have had little problems with games since. Source games are usually pretty easy going on PCs as well it seems.

Who else is getting it on PC? I know a lot of HPotD members are mainly 360 gamers. I know for sure I want this for PC, but it'd be cool to play with some other forum members when it's released.

Administrator

England
    November 4th! Another 4 months to go yet!!!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35433.html
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Harvester Of Sorrow Deadman_Deluxe's Avatar
    ViP

England
    I read up on this, and thankfully, so far at least ... no mention of the SExbox 360 , only PC

Got to be PC for me im afraid, those consoles and their "gamepad's" are just too much like "fisher price" for me after playing mainly "keyboard and mouse" PC games.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadman_Deluxe View Post
    I read up on this, and thankfully, so far at least ... no mention of the SExbox 360 , only PC
    But it IS going to be on 369. A lot of the articles I've read state that.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadman_Deluxe View Post
    Where you read that, I dunno but I can emphatically declare FALSE on that info. It is 100% coming to the Xbox 360.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Where you read that, I dunno but I can emphatically declare FALSE on that info. It is 100% coming to the Xbox 360.
    I wonder if PC and Xboxers will be able to play together?

If so, I wonder if there'll be a PC vs Xbox match ... and if so, I wonder who'll win.

My cash would be on PC.

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I wonder if PC and Xboxers will be able to play together?

If so, I wonder if there'll be a PC vs Xbox match ... and if so, I wonder who'll win.

My cash would be on PC.
    I doubt it to be honest, in online games 360 players would be at an unfair disadvantage to PC players due to the simplified controls and other limitations a console has over a PC. While I understand L4D isn't gonna be hugely competitive I still don't think it'd feasible or fair to mix players from both systems.

United States
    Shadowrun let 360 and PC players connect online, and it worked wonderfully. I don't see why the same can't be done for L4D.

United Kingdom
    Sure it's possible, but I just doubt we're gonna see it in L4D. I mean, just look at this list of stuff that was required for Shadowrun to be cross-platform, (not to mention you had to have Windows Vista):

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    * Because of the lack of 'pixel-accuracy' with the Xbox 360 analog thumbstick, the designers have included an aim-assisting technology, which basically interpolates the player's movement and causes the reticle to stay over an enemy player like a weak magnet. In addition, FASA has implemented a feature which causes the crosshair to expand during quick movements, thus lowering the player's accuracy, making it impossible to quickly turn and maintain accuracy, reducing the potential advantage of playing with a mouse. PC players, who have a more sensitive control scheme, are able to turn significantly faster than their controller-using counterparts and would have gained an unfair advantage.

* The PC version requires a Games for Windows - LIVE account to play online against other PC players. A Gold account is required for cross-platform play with Xbox 360.

* The PC version requires mandatory online or telephone product activation before allowing play.

* According to a license shown after installation of version 1.0.0.0 of the software, the PC version of the game is only licensed for use on one computer, although it may be uninstalled and reinstalled an unlimited number of times, and the license may be transferred at least once by using telephone activation for the convenience of the user.

* The Xbox 360 version of Shadowrun does not require activation, and the license to play can be transferred by switching the game disc into another console. However, once activation is complete the PC version of Shadowrun does not require a disc to play. The Xbox 360 version requires the software disc to be in the console's optical drive at all times while gaming.
    Last edited by Craig; 13-Jul-2008 at 02:47 PM.

United Kingdom
    Sorry to double post just thought I'd post the re-designed character models for the game that I think were announced at E3... to be honest, I'm not impressed, looks like they're going for more 'realistic' looking characters which really doesn't suit. I'd already got to 'know' and like the looks of the characters, for one thing the ones we already had looked ragged and unshaven like they'd been surviving for a while.

And a vid with the new designs:
    http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/53705

The big thing that gets on my nerves is the weapons and medikits look liek they're just stuck to the characters back now, whereas the older designs had a lot of straps and belts and stuff that looked better when they were caryying equipment. Ahhh well, I doubt it'll make a difference when I'm playing it.
    Last edited by Craig; 16-Jul-2008 at 12:24 PM.

Administrator

England
    I've just got a horrible feeling my PC ain't going to be able to play this smooth enough
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Why on earth with the re-design?

It looked great before, now it looks too clean and fiddled with - with those characters like.

Neil - hmmm, duno what the specs will be ... but just thinking about it, my folk's are finally getting their new rig (tomorrow methinks), so that might do it with it's dual core AMD 64, and 2gigs of ram. (Which will make STALKER: Clear Sky far easier and prettier to play, compared to on my desktop which kinda struggles with the original STALKER ... think Rocky Balboa, rather than Rocky II. )

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Why on earth with the re-design?

It looked great before, now it looks too clean and fiddled with - with those characters like.

Neil - hmmm, duno what the specs will be ... but just thinking about it, my folk's are finally getting their new rig (tomorrow methinks), so that might do it with it's dual core AMD 64, and 2gigs of ram. (Which will make STALKER: Clear Sky far easier and prettier to play, compared to on my desktop which kinda struggles with the original STALKER ... think Rocky Balboa, rather than Rocky II. )
    A £100 graphics card in that will make it fly!!!!
    -Carl Sagan