Thread: Resident Evil Retrospective - Part I

United States

Resident Evil Retrospective - Part I

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/45114.html

Gametrailers just put this awesome video up about Resident Evil's effect on the survival horror genre. It's crazy to see how the series has evolved to where it is now.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/45114.html

Gametrailers just put this awesome video up about Resident Evil's effect on the survival horror genre. It's crazy to see how the series has evolved to where it is now.

Great find man !!

Yeah, it's evolved so drastically that can hardly be called resident evil any more.

I think it's great how comprehensively they broke it down so even if you never played a single game before you're pretty well versed in the events that led to this point. ( RE5)

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United Kingdom
    Second part's out today, certainly interesting to see how the series has evolved (or devolved if you're of that opinion).
    Last edited by Craig; 12-Feb-2009 at 01:13 PM.

United States
    Thanks for the heads up, here's the link:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/45470.html

United States
    Yay! I've been waiting for this!

I'm currently playing the original (PSX) version at the moment.

Undisclosed
    loved Resident Evil since the beginning and i still play all the games when i get a chance

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I thought they were going to break the whole series down in 17 minutes. it was a pleasant suprise to see that they're devoting a segment to each game.

Noice !!

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"