Thread: Some guy on crack reviews Diary on IMDB....

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed

Some guy on crack reviews Diary on IMDB....

Can anyone make sense of this??

-- -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well the review sums it up very well. ravishing. The songs are absolutely good and the scenes capture the ambiance of average middle class life. This movie simply marvelous, unfortunately the ugly DVD transfer makes it a pain to watch. Firstly, for me, this movie was a great 70s nostalgia trip: the old BEST Double-Deckers, the bell-bottoms, Amol Palekars' glasses, Jehangir Art Gallery, and Samovar. To those who say it isn't groundbreaking cinema: Again, what were you expecting, but very poor quality DVD? Whatever was served, was enough.

Secondly, the nostalgia was not in stark B & W of Romero's origin in the 50s, but in glorious Color, which brings out even the shiny, worn flagstones on the footpath in a unique, fresh, perspective, a unique shade of gray that only color could do. All this to say that my youth was re-lived, real-life.

Thirdly, the protagonists: Young, Fresh-Faced, Natural, Lovely, Naive, in love- yet shy enough to express it, and how they get together, it was all so simple, and the contrast is yet so apparent when compared to todays' Hollywood Kitsch.

Fourthly, to realize that Nostalgia dies with the death of a Generation; How the zombie elders have their own deep memories of an age that would have been ancient for the protagonists themselves! I never realised then, but right now, I'm old(er) and the young 'uns cannot 'get it' when I'm nostalgic.

Fifthly, This movie is about zombies, and the spirit of zombies, and kudos to Romero for his glorious efforts.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I reckon this is someone taking the complete p*ss and has never seen a zombie movie...!!!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    that made my brain hurt.

to give the benefit of the doubt - maybe it was written by someone for whom english is not their first (or even second or third) language.

the might have been trying to show off his english chops. he failed, if so.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    maybe, but double deckers?!?? bell bottoms?!?!

United States
    I don't think the youngins are tho only ones who don't get it when he is nostalgic.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Dead

Undisclosed
    Sounds more like an interior designer than a critic with any sense of what the hell a GAR film really is.

We're all better off just ignoring every word critics spit out about the film.

F*ck them.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by jim102016 View Post
    We're all better off just ignoring every word critics spit out about the film.

yes i firmly believe that those who can - make films, those who want to make films but can't, write snide reviews filled with snarky comments about them.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Tibet
    My thought was numbnuts was trying to wax philosophical about Dawn, and couldn't see past his Socrates-influenced hemlock haze to realize he'd clicked on Diary instead.

Or he could just be stoopid.

Canada
    that was a poor review, hillarius as well
    we keep it real gangsta down here in canada. ehh

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I thought it was pretty obvious that this is someone who doesn't speak English very well reviewing Dawn, not Diary.