Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An absolutely damning review of 'Day of the Dead' at AICN

United States
    Ha! Nice Post.

Just as I suspected.

And didn't they reshoot a lot of this film because it was so poorly reviewed by test audiences? I mean, how much worse could it have been?

United States
    I'll wait to get it through Netflix, I think.

As for the person who mentioned Night 3D: WOW, that was a terrible movie! I watched it on my computer and 1) got a migraine, 2) hated it and 3) wanted my hour of time back.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    really? day sucks?

Undisclosed

Should Have Made DotD II

I know some people hated the remake, and even I, initially cried blasphemy, but I actually enjoyed it for the bubblegum, rollercoaster movie that it turned out to be...

This remake of DAY should have been a continuation of that. I actually did give a damn and wanted to know whether they managed (after dropping the cam), to get back on the boat and find a safe haven. At least it would have been better than this ****e.

I was still going to see this due to the unrelated-character presence of Ving Rhames, but seeing how I now know he dies early on, don't think I'll bother...even if he does eat his eye.

On a serious note, I thought the Bub thing being a veggie actually sounded plausible / original. We know Bub was 'domesticated', and inheriting a memory of a dislike of meat would have been the only original / unique contribution from this remake. Just my logic!

Norway
    Being a vegitarian is an choice based on ethics, zombies do not base their choices on ethics they base them on hunger instinct.
    Some uneducated vegetarians try to promote the idea that they instinctivly avoid eating meat because it is unnatural to them, in a sense they are born with an aversion to it since they are holy in some way. Instead of the true notion that vegetarism comes from (barring allergies or other health problems) an belief that not eating meat will improve the world or that annimals should not be eaten. Having a vegetarian zombie who refuse to eat living flesh support the semi-religious beliefs of the first group. Such quasi mystical mumbo jumbo really pisses me off!

Undisclosed
    Trencher, you're missing the point my mate...Having a vegetarian zombie on face value, is, of course, a ridiculous thing. But the point is Bub was coached / encouraged to remember things he used to do formally before the 'turn'. In this remake, because the character was a vegetarian before being a zombie, he somehow 'remembers' he doesn't eat meat, thus he has not inclination to attack...

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir James Forbes View Post
    Trencher, you're missing the point my mate...Having a vegetarian zombie on face value, is, of course, a ridiculous thing. But the point is Bub was coached / encouraged to remember things he used to do formally before the 'turn'. In this remake, because the character was a vegetarian before being a zombie, he somehow 'remembers' he doesn't eat meat, thus he has not inclination to attack...
    And thus... doesn't spring around with super human strength, or scream like godzilla... All so obvious
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir James Forbes View Post
    I can subscribe to this thought

I do wonder how they would know he was a Vegiezombie; did he tell them ?

It's weird when an easy film sucks; give me DAY to remake and I'd make it rad if even not a instaclassic.

How do they **** up so bad ?