Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Live in New York?

Administrator

England

Live in/near New York?

Homepage of the Dead has a pair of tickets to give away to see Romero's 'Diary of the Dead' at the AMC Empire 25 Theater in Manhattan at 7pm on February the 6th.

The first person to email us to confirm they can DEFINATELY attend, gets them...

(remove 'REMOVETHIS' from the email address - pesky spammers!).
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Damn it, NYC really isn't that far away from me... but I can't do it that night! This sucks!

Super Moderator

United States
    I shot off an email. Let me know if I'm 'chosen' and, however it works out, thanks for the opportunity, Neil

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Undisclosed
    Rats, Aces beat me to it!

How about you take me along with that other ticket, Aces ol' buddy ol' pal?

Administrator

England
    I'll check the mailbox tonight
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Homepage of the Dead has a pair of tickets to give away to see Romero's 'Diary of the Dead'...
    You know you wanna repeat this competition when it hits the UK.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    You know you wanna repeat this competition when it hits the UK.
    Not at all... I be 'aving those ones!
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    Rats, Aces beat me to it!

How about you take me along with that other ticket, Aces ol' buddy ol' pal?
    If I end up with the tickets, sure. You almost certainly appreciate Romero more than any of my friends, and my girlfriend is a conscientious objector when it comes to zombie movie attendance.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Administrator

England
    A ticket goes to Lee Karr and the other to Doug (AcesandEights)... As long as they confirm they can definately attend...

ps: Romero is there in person for a Q&A afterwards!
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Thank you Neil!

Super Moderator

United States
    Yes, thank you, Neil

Administrator

England
    Pics and info please guys for the rest of us

If you fancy doing a short little write up of your experiences/thoughts we could do a little Bits and Pieces article out of it...

ps: If needs be I can host the pics etc...
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Pics and info please guys for the rest of us
    I would be sharing photos and info, but seeing as I have to pay for my ticket,,,

Dying

Undisclosed

I'd be happy to pay for tickets

Unfortunately, it is sold out and the rather badly accented gentleman at the Museum informed me that 'de vaiting leest is suld ut, zir."
    Geo the Giant Killer aka Geophyrd aka me
    http://geophyrd.livejournal.com/

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Geophyrd View Post
    Unfortunately, it is sold out and the rather badly accented gentleman at the Museum informed me that 'de vaiting leest is suld ut, zir."
    I immediately ordered as soon as it was announced, and later that same day, the theater pulled tickets from being sold online. Still, it's double the price that you would pay to see the same movie one week later.