View Poll Results: Which are likeable?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Day characters

9 90.00%
  • Dawn remake characters

1 10.00%

Thread: Which did you find more likable?

United States

Which did you find more likable?

I just love to make polls......

Basically since I see alot people say all the characters in the Day and Dawn remake are really unlikable, I want to see which are more unlikable.

Super Moderator

UK
    Easiest question on earth. Day of the Dead.

Day has enjoyable bad guys - Rhodes, Steel etc.

Lovable weirdo - Logan.

BEST. ZOMBIE. EVER. - Bub.

Then there's John's laid back philosophy on life, Sarah's struggle for answers, McDermot's constant drinking and humour ... man, they're all hugely entertaining characters.

*ahem*

Yawn04 ...

Moronic teenage girl who f*cks up a completely stupid plan by driving a truck after a f*cking dog - which the film's track-star 'zombies' don't even eat anyway!

Rhames strutting around like a self-labelled P-I-M-P of the mall and his tiresome "f*ck all y'all" attitude.

The sarcastic guy - f*ck off you dick.

The woman who literally doesn't have a name - she's just there to get effed-in-the-A by sarcastic guy, who I'd thought was flaming, but evidently not.

Racist, redneck, wears-no-troozas-but-still-a-gunbelt-guy - waste of space.

Soppy teenage boy guard - loser.

CJ - a right dick at the beginning, then becomes cooler later on.

Sarah Polly's nurse - tiresome, she just annoyed the piss out of me.

The sensible, calm, thoughtful guy who mediates between the two groups with common sense - I actually liked this guy a lot, he was the best character ... then he went along with their utterly retarded, sub-A-Team knock-off escape plan.

The pregnant Eastern-European woman - annoying.

Mekhi-whatever-he's-called-hard-to-spell-guy - again, a young gang-banging-like "f*ck all y'all" douchebag who holds his gun like a gangsta...annoying alright.

Max Headroom - he's dispensed with inside 10 minutes ... oh wait, you mean this was the emotional scene? Oh ... *Zack Snyder ticks another box on his lame checklist, next up some sex to establish that people are in a relationship*

Erm...who else?

Oh, scruffy truck driver guy - I liked him, but he didn't add much beyond being the blue-collar-humour guy.

Fat old bint in a wheelbarrow - silly zombie fat guy run ... that's it.

Old guy who likes to wear women's shoes - no idea what he was there for.

Old chain-smoker woman - again, barely made an impact, just smokes fags.

Can't remember any others now...I think it's case closed.

United States
    Capt Rhoades alone tkaes the award for me.

-

But I loved CJ and Steve in Dawn04.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Steve had some funny remarks, I mean the comedy was well delivered in Yawn04...and there wasn't *too* much of it as well, it seems as tho ghey08 will top yawn04 for over the top comedy moments....

as for the question....Day characters easily. I mean really its a case of deciding which film has the most 2D characters...and yawn04 easily wins....we see no-one with the facets of Logan, there are no meaningful conversations or dialogue in yawn04.....none at all...in Day we at least get some understanding, some theory, some insight into the people trapped in this situation...its not so obviously drawn out either, I mean we know the good guys and the bad guys in day but all of them are unpredictable...a genuine feeling of not knowing what's going to happen....in yawn it was all such obvious progressions in terms of plot and character.

capncnut
    <cracks knuckles>

Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Moronic teenage girl who f*cks up a completely stupid plan by driving a truck after a f*cking dog
    Example number one of how to make a theatre laugh out loud.

Rhames strutting around like a self-labelled P-I-M-P of the mall and his tiresome "f*ck all y'all" attitude.
    Indeed, I was convinced he was gonna say "I'm gonna get medieval on yo ass" at one point.

The sarcastic guy
    Kenneth: Is everyone there dead?
    Steve: Yeah, in the sense that they all sort of, uh... fell down... and then got up... and started eating each other... and..."

The woman who literally doesn't have a name - she's just there to get effed-in-the-A by sarcastic guy
    Another stereotypical celluloid dumb blonde slut who gets her tits out.

Not exactly a stand out character, I agree.

Yeah, f**k off back to American Pie, you twat!

CJ
    The only character who was worth a s**t, in my opinion.

Sarah Polly's nurse
    Ana lost my vote when she tried to bag Michael within days of losing her hubby.

The sensible, calm, thoughtful guy who mediates between the two groups with common sense - I actually liked this guy a lot
    I thought he was a bit boring myself.

The pregnant Eastern-European woman
    Why they made her an Eastern-European is beyond me. She felt a million miles away from the rest of the characters in the movie.

Mekhi-whatever-he's-called-hard-to-spell-guy - again, a young gang-banging-like "f*ck all y'all" douchebag who holds his gun like a gangsta
    The zombie baby scene is one of the most hilarious ever filmed. Especially with that Reservoir Dogs style shoot out with Norma.

Max Headroom - he's dispensed with inside 10 minutes ... oh wait, you mean this was the emotional scene?
    T-t-t-that g-guy-g-guy certainly looked the part of a dying man but how the f**k can you feel sympathy for a character when you've only just been introduced to them?

Oh, scruffy truck driver guy
    Didn't add anything much except for a funny quote about Rosie O'Donnell during the rooftop celebrity zombie shoot-a-thon scene.

Fat old bint in a wheelbarrow
    Example number two of how to make a theatre laugh out loud.

Old guy who likes to wear women's shoes - no idea what he was there for.
    To squeeze a cheap laugh out of cross-dressers.

Old chain-smoker woman
    I think she would've worked a lot better in something like Prisoner: Cell Block H as one of them haggard old 'top dogs'.

I think that just about says it all really.
    Last edited by capncnut; 09-Feb-2008 at 05:13 PM.

United States
    Easiest question on earth. Day of the Dead.

Day has enjoyable bad guys - Rhodes, Steel etc.
    I always found Steele and his laughing clown friend to be more obnoxious than enjoyable; their characters were so over the top, it always seems to be unrealistic archetpyes.

I never minded the science / military contrast, but the BLATANT hatred they seemed to have for each other always seemed forced; like would people really be this mean to each other when living under the same 'roof' ?

I'd expect divided camps, but it would have been better if the 'betrayal' was more hidden. Like when they throw them in the zombie cavern, you expected it and it wasn't shocking.

Lovable weirdo - Logan.
    I liked Logan. A lil goofy, but cool.

BEST. ZOMBIE. EVER. - Bub.
    Can't argue too much. But it lead to the absurd zombies in Bland. Like EWOKS in Jedi, the beginning of the end of the franchise.

Then there's John's laid back philosophy on life, Sarah's struggle for answers, McDermot's constant drinking and humour ... man, they're all hugely entertaining characters.
    Loved Sarah. Much better than homegirl in DAWN. She was believable and kind of sexy. I agree on these assesments.

Dawn04 ...

Moronic teenage girl who f*cks up a completely stupid plan by driving a truck after a f*cking dog - which the film's track-star 'zombies' don't even eat anyway!
    I agree. Found it an unreal and ridiculous plot point.

I liked it. All he cared about was his brother. He's a cop, cops are dicks anyways.

The sarcastic guy - f*ck off you dick.
    Steve ? Loved him. Best lines in the film as mentioned.

Michael: Truck's not gonna make it to Fort Pastor.
    Steve: No, forget the truck. That place is ****ed, man. Bloodbath city.
    Kenneth: How do you know?
    Norma: We just came from there.
    Steve: Well, dead-ish.
    Steve: Yeah, in the sense that they all sort of, uh... fell down... and then got up... and started eating each other.

Steve: Yeah, OK, I have an idea. We draw straws and the loser runs across the lot with a ham sandwich.

Steve: It's nice to see that you've all bonded through this disaster.

Steve: Hey, I'm sorry, excuse me... when you two fellas are done blowing each other, maybe Davy Crockett could tell us the deal here?

-

The woman who literally doesn't have a name - she's just there to get effed-in-the-A by sarcastic guy, who I'd thought was flaming, but evidently not.
    Nothing wrong with some T and A in the film.

Fodder to be axed.

He was cool.

CJ - a right dick at the beginning, then becomes cooler later on.
    Loved CJ

Sarah Polly's nurse - tiresome, she just annoyed the piss out of me.
    Why ? I thought she brought the humanity to the film.

The sensible, calm, thoughtful guy who mediates between the two groups with common sense - I actually liked this guy a lot, he was the best character ... then he went along with their utterly retarded, sub-A-Team knock-off escape plan.
    Agreed.

The pregnant Eastern-European woman - annoying.

Mekhi-whatever-he's-called-hard-to-spell-guy - again, a young gang-banging-like "f*ck all y'all" douchebag who holds his gun like a gangsta...annoying alright.
    Didn't like this subplot or the Zombie baby. A waste of page and screen time.

Max Headroom - he's dispensed with inside 10 minutes ... oh wait, you mean this was the emotional scene? Oh ... *Zack Snyder ticks another box on his lame checklist, next up some sex to establish that people are in a relationship*
    A cameo if anything. Not following the stress of the role ?

Along with the other characters, all films have the characters that take up some space.

Dawn78 had the absurd ridiculous biker scenes.

Day had the extra scientists and military personell, all who brought nothing to the film and were there simply to take up space.

=

Super Moderator

UK
    Capn - bravo, Sir...you've provided with a good old after-dinner chuckle there. Bravo.

Undisclosed
    When taken to the literal term...which did I find more likable...I had to say Dawn 04...this does not mean I liked the movie more. However the characters where more likable...to me anyway...

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    i don't know about likeable...but i find the characters in day way more interesting than in the dawn remake.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

capncnut
    Capn - bravo, Sir...you've provided with a good old after-dinner chuckle there.
    Why, thank you kind Sir.

There are many more s**ty characters in that movie I could name and shame but I wont bother. What I will do though is quote this gem:

Bart: Hey, you guys know that chick from Dairy Queen?
    CJ: The fat one?
    Bart: Yeah, she was coming over tonight. I would've tapped that s**t for sure.
    Terry: Bart, dude, everybody's dead, OK? Your mom's dead, your brother's dead, the fat chick at Dairy Queen... dead.
    Bart: Yeah, that sucks too.

Is this a zombie movie or a cheap ass comedy flick?

England
    They were all more likeable than those losers in "Bland of the Dead".

Oh and as observed by others, that Steve character got some great lines (and also got to film himself shafting that dirty babe) so he did ok for himself IMO.

But Rhodes is still the king....possibly the best character in any of GAR's dead movies.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon