View Poll Results: Do you agree that Day of The Dead(2008) will make Dawn 04/Land look like masterpieces

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 80.00%
  • No

3 15.00%
  • Maybe

1 5.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Day of the Dead(2008)

Super Moderator

UK
    I've seen the first 30 minutes of Ghey08 ... my god it's bad. I mean seriously...I'm not even joking...I'm so super-serial, you guys.

And I couldn't be further from surprised. I'm gonna watch the whole thing eventually, watching it in chunks for as long as I can manage, but to have fun while doing so, I'm making a "grievance list" ... 30 minutes in and I've got 54 things on my bitch-list.

I'll post the entire list once I'm done.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    30 minutes in and I've got 54 things on my bitch-list.

I'll post the entire list once I'm done.
    LOL, can't wait.

Super Moderator

UK
    61 minutes in, the list is nearing 90 bitches ... I think this is how I might watch really terrible movies from now on...

bwahahahaha...it's so f*ckin' bad...it really is.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Sounds like this flick would make a great episode of MST3K...

Administrator

England
    A quote from one of the reviews at IMDB:-

This movie is more of what the Dawn of the Dead remake should have been. Although, we get less characterization here, we get a lot more zombie action.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    A quote from one of the reviews at IMDB:-

This movie is more of what the Dawn of the Dead remake should have been. Although, we get less characterization here, we get a lot more zombie action.

I haven't seen the Day remake and I'm not a fan of the Dawn remake, but I really don't see this being true.

LESS characterization than Dawn04? Damn....

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Agree. Without the characters, is it really important?

Super Moderator

UK
    I've finished it, and pimped up my '127 reasons why Ghey08 blows' in this 'ere Dead Remakes forum. Enjoy.

Oh, and whoever wrote that on IMDb is either piss-thieving or is actually insane...or just a nob.

Undisclosed
    won't bother to see the DAY remake, just as I can't be bothered to see the NIGHT remake. Life is too short. I don't automatically watch movies because they have zombies. I do watch George Romero movies because they are good movies
    You are a better person than I. I have come to the point where I watch whatever has zombies in it. Good, bad, worst, so bad you want to time travel and warn yourself not to watch it, to considering suicide part way through. Romero's movies at their worst are good, more than I can say for other zombie films.

quote from one of the reviews at IMDB:-

I would ignore those boards. I have been on some of them from time to time and there are tons of trolls. I am not sure if they are just little kids who like to tick people off or really strange folks ingeneral but you will get posts on either side of the debate that usually the more down to Earth folks will argue about and then they start name calling and such.

I got into a debate with one guy about the Mist (I liked it), and he went on a rant about how people should not kill the monsters because its not right to kill things ever or something and saying the movie was racist and everything else. This guy basicly was the sterotypical left wing guy (not that I am right wing mind you), but every stereotype you could think of he was spooting out. I just hope he was joking.