View Poll Results: Do you agree that Day of The Dead(2008) will make Dawn 04/Land look like masterpieces

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 80.00%
  • No

3 15.00%
  • Maybe

1 5.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Day of the Dead(2008)

United States

Day of the Dead(2008)

This is to all is to all of the Dawn04/Land haters, I have a feeling that when/if you see Day of the Dead(2008) it is going to make both of those movies look like masterpieces
    Where are you going to be and what are you going to do when the inevitable Zombie Apocalypse comes to be?

capncnut
    No. Nothing can make Yawn 04 look like a masterpiece.

As for Day 08, I wholeheartedly agree that it's gonna be a heap of stinking dogs knackers. From what I've read/seen thus far, it looks set to drag zombie filmmaking down to an all-new low.

The question should be: Will Day 08 make Children Of The Living Dead look like a masterpiece?

Quite probably.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Will Day 08 make NOTLD 30th Anniversary a relevant update?

Super Moderator

UK
    I voted yes on the simplest level, because Steve Miner's Wild'n'Out will be complete worthless gash.

And while I still hate Yawn04, but when purely and only compared to Gay08, it will be an amazing film - a million miles from a masterpiece though.

I wouldn't consider Land a masterpiece generally speaking, but still a solid, entertaining and quality entry from GAR which I liked a lot...and when compared to Day of the Bulgarian Flying Zombies Remake - it's even better. Land hasn't been in existence long enough yet for me to even start thinking of it to qualify in the ranks of a masterpiece, so that point is moot.

Perhaps the wording of the poll isn't quite right, but still...any excuse to rag on Day of the Vegetarian Undead.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    No. Nothing can make Yawn 04 look like a masterpiece.

As for Day 08, I wholeheartedly agree that it's gonna be a heap of stinking dogs knackers. From what I've read/seen thus far, it looks set to drag zombie filmmaking down to an all-new low.

The question should be: Will Day 08 make Children Of The Living Dead look like a masterpiece?

Quite probably.
    Except Bland of the Dead.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    Except Bland of the Dead.
    And that's supposed to affect me or any other Yawn hater?

Deep down we all know Land Of The Dead is a par effort but if it makes you mongoloids feel better, call it whatever you like. It still wont beat our 'yawn' by a long shot.

United States
    Yawn, Bland ...

We have our opinions.

What's personal about it ?

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    I'm with Minion and cnut....Land is by no means a masterpiece but Yawn04 was even without the title, such a boring cliche of a movie...COULD have been amazing, even with the running zombies and stuff (great opening scene, as soon as the dialogue starts its gone to ****) ....however Ghey08 will KILL me if they don't cut out EVERYTHING that they put in the trailer and make a new movie...

Super Moderator

UK
    So ... what's it gonna be then?

Steve Miner's Wild'n'Out?

Day of the Vegetarian Dead?

Ghey08?

So many friggin' good parody names and many to come I hope.

England
    Simply seeing the trailer and a few stills of this abomination has made me appreciate Land and Dawn 04 so much more.

They are both like epic-blockbuster-timeless-classics when compared to that peice of sh!t excuse for a movie.
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Undisclosed

My problem with '04...

It seemed like they had a checklist of every horror movie cliche right in front of them while writing it and just checking them off as they went.

-Black guy that is an outsider but then joins in with the team? Check

-Cocky idiot that gets killed? Check

-Attractive blonde that learns to handle herself against enemy? Check

-Man attractive woman falls in love with dying at the end? Check

There are so many, I can't list them all...

that was my main problem

Dead

Undisclosed
    F*ck Day 08', it'll make my dog taking a s*it look like a masterpiece.

Undisclosed
    I won't bother to see the DAY remake, just as I can't be bothered to see the NIGHT remake. Life is too short. I don't automatically watch movies because they have zombies. I do watch George Romero movies because they are good movies.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    I won't bother to see the DAY remake, just as I can't be bothered to see the NIGHT remake. Life is too short. I don't automatically watch movies because they have zombies. I do watch George Romero movies because they are good movies.

Are you talking about Night 3D or Night90? Night90 is written by Romero and is the only faithful remake of his work.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    Are you talking about Night 3D or Night90? Night90 is written by Romero and is the only faithful remake of his work.
    NIGHT 3D.

I saw Night '90 during its original theatrical run. Though I disliked much of that film, Night '90 is nowhere near in the same category as the recent crop of crummy movies based on Romero's works.