Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: WB/CW network is going under

Chasing Prey

Canada

WB/CW network is going under

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080208/...ckdown_smacked

WWE programming was the only constant on their network since it started over 10 years ago and now they're waving bye bye. wow.......nice to see warner bros appreciates a single show keeping their whole network afloat for so long. to date,WWE smackdown is the only remaining show on the wb/cw to not be cancelled. which is saying something since they've had well over 100 different shows premiere and then die since smackdown came to the network.

les moonves is not a smart man

ViP

United States
    America's Next Top Model franchise is huge. They'll be fine w/o rasslin'.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by axlish View Post
    America's Next Top Model franchise is huge. They'll be fine w/o rasslin'.
    that barely gets a 1.0 sometimes. smackdown gets 3.5 - 4.9 on a regular basis.

weigh it.

ViP

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    that barely gets a 1.0 sometimes. smackdown gets 3.5 - 4.9 on a regular basis.

weigh it.
    Ratings don't matter when it comes to wrestling. Just ask Ted Turner.

I'd say the average for Top Model is 3.0, with it being closer to 5 around the premier.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Ratings don't matter when it comes to wrestling. Just ask Ted Turner.

I'd say the average for Top Model is 3.0, with it being closer to 5 around the premier.

well lets see if they dont get in trouble and ask WWE to bail em out again. when the parkers and moesha and whatever else was on the air and tanking,moonves was stroking mcmahon somethin awful for him to stay at the network. now he's like "we dont need you" which is crazy cuz he's had to ask favors of vince about 3 times now. so the flagship show is going to be booted off.......great
    Last edited by acealive1; 10-Feb-2008 at 12:32 AM.

ViP

United States
    Wrestling is every networks redheaded stepchild. They bring in wrestling when they are fledgeling, but once they get a couple of programs under their belt, they'll give wrestling the boot because now they are too "high brow". Then their bottom line starts to slip a little, then they bring wrestling back (just like USA, Spike, probably many other channels).

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Wrestling is every networks redheaded stepchild. They bring in wrestling when they are fledgeling, but once they get a couple of programs under their belt, they'll give wrestling the boot because now they are too "high brow". Then their bottom line starts to slip a little, then they bring wrestling back (just like USA, Spike, probably many other channels).

spike tv said the same thing,yet they have a "sport" that was illegal not even 15 years ago in some states. i say "sport" because they got found out under the original UFC banner that they were throwing fights which is why dana white bought it to clean it up........didnt work. then they realized how stupid they got as they'd never be spike tv without wwe programming so then they went and signed tna to a deal
    Last edited by acealive1; 10-Feb-2008 at 01:15 AM.

United States
    Does the WB/CW have anything, besides maybe wrestling or Smallville, worth watching in the first place?
    Where are you going to be and what are you going to do when the inevitable Zombie Apocalypse comes to be?

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombiePrototype View Post
    Does the WB/CW have anything, besides maybe wrestling or Smallville, worth watching in the first place?

nope LOL.

Super Moderator

UK
    The CW shows Reaper though right? That show is wicked-cool.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    How does this mean the channel is going under? I didn't even have a clue that they showed any sort of wrestling on that channel... I just thought it was all really bad shows... especially the "urban" ones.

Well, I hope this does mean that piece of crap channel gets the hell off the airwaves.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    How does this mean the channel is going under? I didn't even have a clue that they showed any sort of wrestling on that channel... I just thought it was all really bad shows... especially the "urban" ones.

Well, I hope this does mean that piece of crap channel gets the hell off the airwaves.

if smackdown hadnt stayed with WB/UPN/CW all those years.it'd be a dead stick

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    if smackdown hadnt stayed with WB/UPN/CW all those years.it'd be a dead stick

Agreed. Even the singing frog left. *L*

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    Agreed. Even the singing frog left. *L*
    LOL that was before they were absorbed. they were still UPN. and WB was its own thing. Michigan J. Frog

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It's crap, anyway. Not to mention, Wrestling is on it's way to going under, imo.

ugh....wrestling...