Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Indiana Jones 4 trailer...

Administrator

England

Indiana Jones 4 trailer...

There's hope!

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/35616

Some of the stuff looks rather cgi though!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Wow

There is hope. Can't wait.

I loved RAIDERS and TEMPLE but as always with Lucas' involvement (Ewoks), the series got too cute for me, starting with Shortround kicking grown men's asses in ToD.

I'm keeping fingers crossed on this one !

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    Wow

There is hope. Can't wait.

I loved RAIDERS and TEMPLE but as always with Lucas' involvement (Ewoks), the series got too cute for me, starting with Shortround kicking grown men's asses in ToD.

My only worry is Spielberg has stated this one is most like the 3rd, which is my least favourite...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    My only worry is Spielberg has stated this one is most like the 3rd, which is my least favourite...
    The third is my favorite. I know...shoot me.

It looks fun, though.

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    I liked The Last Crusade too!

For me, Temple of Doom is my least favorite.

Super Moderator

UK
    Feck dude, the third is my favourite too. The first comes a close second and the middle one is kinda ... you know ... there.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    the series got too cute for me, starting with Shortround kicking grown men's asses in ToD.

that trailer looks great.

mutineer is right - shortround was one of the most irritating movie sidekicks ever.

"you cheat dr. jones."
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio70 View Post
    that trailer looks great.

mutineer is right - shortround was one of the most irritating movie sidekicks ever.

"you cheat dr. jones."
    "No time for love, Dr. Jones!"

I like Shortround. He wasn't great, but he wasn't that bad. But he was in the least of the series...

United States
    RAIDERS is my favorite

That film was nominated for Best Picture and Best Director !

Crazy to think about.

Administrator

England
    Better version of the trailer - http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/indi...g1GC6bw55fVXcA

Music sounds very Transformers!

Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    "No time for love, Dr. Jones!"

I like Shortround. He wasn't great, but he wasn't that bad. But he was in the least of the series...
    Sean Connery was the least of the series for me...
    Last edited by Neil; 14-Feb-2008 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    -Carl Sagan

Christmas Island
    Raiders was the best IMO. The whole franchise was new in 81 and packed a punch the sequels had no chance of replicating. Sidekicks are killers though. Whenever they start using them the series goes downhill. 1957, God I hope there are no scenes of malt shops and teens that make the movie feel like an episode of Happy Days.
    Last edited by MaximusIncredulous; 29-Feb-2008 at 12:12 PM.

England
    Raiders is my fave, as Maximus says, it launched the series and was generally a slam bang adventure from start to finish.

Oh, and shortround...we really need a >thumbs down< kind of smiley here!
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

Super Moderator

United States
    The third film was a good return to form, in my opinion. Temple just wasn't that good. I'm hopeful and will not be *too* judgmental, given the fact that it is a pulp genre flick.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    call me a name, but Short Round is and will always be my favorite IJ character. The rest of that movie was pretty bad, however (ToD).

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusIncredulous View Post
    1957, God I hope there are no scenes of malt shops and teens that make the movie feel like an episode of Happy Days.
    Have you seen the character that Shia Labeouf plays? He looks like Fonz. Rumor has it that he's Indy and Marion's love child....

I'm anxious to see how the alien plot and the Ark tie together. I tell ya....Speilberg loves those aliens, doesn't he?