Thread: "Zombies" for Doom II is back!

United States

Thumbs up "Zombies" for Doom II is back!

I found out about this game waaay back in the day when it was posted on this site, but I could never get it to work. Since then, the game has been archived on this site and none of the downloads work anymore. Well, I have located the file and figured out a very easy way to get it working!

For those of you that do not know, Zombies is a total conversion for Doom II. Meaning, if you own a copy of Doom II then you can play it. It puts you into a world overrun by the undead and to some of your favorite locations from Dawn and Day of the Dead. Sure, the graphics are very primitive to todays standards but it is still very fun to play. It's also nice recognizing the television station, mall, apartments, and bunker while listening to some familiar music when playing through it.

So for those who want some primitive, fun, and nostalgic gameplay, give this one a try if you haven't already.

Download it here:
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/10582/zombies

Battle for your life against hordes of the living dead in some of your favorite locales from George A. Romero's classic Living Dead films. If you're a fan of nostalgic gameplay, graphic, and zombies then this mod is for you!

"Zombies" is a modification (or WAD) for Doom II. It is a total conversion that puts you into your favorite locales from the Dawn of the Dead and Day of the Dead films. It features new weapons, enemies, sounds, and music. It was created many years ago by " T.C.H.G." but has long since been forgotten.

Features:

* new enemys (gfx & behavior)
    * new things
    * new weapons (check it out!)
    * new levels
    * new sounds
    * new music
    * new keys
    * new bonus stuff
    * new wall textures
    * new floors & ceilings
    * new graphics

PLEASE download zDoom (http://zdoom.org) when attempting to use this mod! It makes things a helluva lot easier!

=====[EASY INSTALLATION GUIDE]=====

1.) Download zDoom @ http://zdoom.org/

2.) Correctly install zDoom and verify that it functions properly. You will know that you did it correctly if you are now given a ton of customizable options when running the Doom game that you installed it for.

4.) Drag the contents of this .zip file into the same location that you installed zDoom to.

5.) Drag the "Zombie.wad" and "Zombie.deh" files into the "Zdoom.exe" file.

6.) The game will automatically open up and play the Zombie wad.

Enjoy!

If you have any questions, feel free to email me @ FleshEatingZombie@hotmail.com

**Please not that I am not the creator of "Zombies" nor do I claim ownership of it. All of the content was created by T.C.H.G. and is still owned by him.

Screenshots:

Last edited by 3pidemiC; 14-Feb-2008 at 05:40 PM.

United States
    Thanks man, now I've just gotta hunt down a copy of Doom II

capncnut
    You know what? Those graphics look okay for such an old game. If I see Doom II going cheap in GameStation, I'll be sure to pick it up.