Thread: Vigilante 8 for Xbox Live Arcade announced

United States

Vigilante 8 for Xbox Live Arcade announced

I always liked this game better than Twisted Metal, and with 8 player online, updated graphics, and "a host of new content", it should be a blast

ACTIVISION ANNOUNCES VIGILANTE 8: ARCADE FOR XBOX LIVE ARCADE

Santa Monica, CA – February 14, 2008 – Activision, Inc. announced today the next installment in the classic vehicular-combat franchise Vigilante 8, Vigilante 8: Arcade for Xbox LIVE Arcade. Licensed and developed by Isopod Labs, Vigilante 8: Arcade is an all new remake of the original game, featuring online play with up to eight players and a host of new content, taking full advantage of next-generation technologies.

The title is scheduled for release via download on Xbox LIVE Arcade for Xbox 360 this spring and has not yet been rated by the ESRB.

For more information and exclusive updates on Vigilante 8: Arcade, please visit www.v8arcade.com.

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    I remember playing Vigilante 8 on the original PS. That was a fun car-combat, Twisted Metal type of game. I'm not sure, but I think there may have been a Vigilante 8 II as well.

United States
    Cool news (although I don't own a 360). I used to play V8 a lot on the N64 way back when.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I remember playing this game for ours on the PSX. Fun stuff.

Wasn't it a sequel to the PC game Interstate 76? That game was really friggin cool cause you could drive off of the Grand Canyon and whatnot.