Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Scene of the crime..."

Banned User

United States

This is America, bro...

Even soccer moms and little ol' ladies from Pasadena carry guns.

United States
    The one advantage of the .22LR and the pistol caliber, would be the effect the slug would have once it broke through skull and bone. There won't be any foolishness of the slug exiting the skull. If what I've read in regards to ballistics is correct then the slug would actually ricochet inside the skull making sure the brain was scrambled just right.

An M1 Garand would be cool, but not as easy to use as the carbine variant and one funny thing is that stripper clips the M1 uses to load is not as commonplace as the small box mag of the M1 carbine.

Now, if I wanted to be all decked out in style, but not in practical way, I would pick a 5.4mm P90, a .45cal. H&K UMP and a pair of .50 IMI Desert Eagles. I probably wouldn't survive past a day, but at least I'd go out in style.
    "I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you."
    --- Batman

Banned User

United States
    When considering the Garand, the "cool" factor had nothing to do with it. I was thinking of its reliabilty, ruggedness, and balls to the wall power.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Svengoolie
    When considering the Garand, the "cool" factor had nothing to do with it. I was thinking of its reliabilty, ruggedness, and balls to the wall power.
    I know.

Loading the Garand in the movies may look simple, but that plate that covers the loading hatch for the stripper clip can sever a person's thumb if they're not careful.
    --- Batman

Harvester Of Sorrow Deadman_Deluxe's Avatar
    ViP

England
    Sorry for the misquote, boys.

I started this thread late last night while high on Vicodin and watching "Saving Private Ryan"...so my Dawn skills weren't exactly top notch.

As for Deadman--way to contribute. As always.

Why single me out?

You see me as an easy target or something?

And do you seriously expect a responce from me again for this post which is nothing more than another not so cunningly disguised rehash of the already way over asked "weapon of choice" question?

If so i am sticking with the "Lightsaber and peashooter combo" as i stated in early 2001, now get back to bed dumbo!!!

United States
    Lightsaber? Well now, which type of crystals and lens attachment would you be using.
    --- Batman

Banned User

United States
    "Lightsaber and peashooter combo"
    That's probably the best you could do over in England.

Fiji
    Quote Originally Posted by Tullaryx
    I know.

Loading the Garand in the movies may look simple, but that plate that covers the loading hatch for the stripper clip can sever a person's thumb if they're not careful.

yep, it's called M1 thumb. My M14 did it to me once, it took off about 70% of my thumb nail.

also with stripper clip, the older ones tedn to fall apart from wear and tear, so they'll drop rounds while in your belt holder.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadman_Deluxe

If so i am sticking with the "Lightsaber and peashooter combo" as i stated in early 2001, now get back to bed dumbo!!!

No, that's not right, in 2003 you changed your combo to a Pitch fork and George Lucas's neck fat.

in my opinion a much more leathal combo.
    Last edited by p2501; 20-Apr-2006 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Harvester Of Sorrow Deadman_Deluxe's Avatar
    ViP

England
    Quote Originally Posted by p2501

No, that's not right, in 2003 you changed your combo to a Pitch fork and George Lucas's neck fat.

in my opinion a much more leathal combo.

Ahhh, and it all comes flooding back to me ... though worth a note is that i did infact revert back to the lightsaber/peashooter combo briefly before moving on once again to the stick of broccolli/framed picture of Adolf Hitler/Big Clown shoes setup.

Of course that was before i discovered the incapacitating yet highly comical "squeezy bottle of tomato ketchup/chinese burn/unicycle/catapult" combo.

ViP

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadman_Deluxe
    If so i am sticking with the "Lightsaber and peashooter combo"
    I smell a fan-film!

Super Moderator

United States
    I know this is an overdone topic, but I've never gotten to post about it (just discuss with friends), so excuse me while I enjoy myself.

Now, I would have to agree with a .22 as a long arm choice for a reason of practicality, though I may be overlooking some good options, as my knowledge of firearms is not that extensive.

Now, were I to be, as Tullaryx puts it, "decked out in style" I'd probably want one of the HK variants as an up close option and I'd LOVE an AK. But my all-time favorite, fan-boy, closeted gunhugger wish would be for one of the M16 variants with a shotgun kit for under the barrel, think of the versatility!

Of course, the big problem is in the end--assuming you had a choice--you'd want weapons that would be rugged, reliably accurate and be a good match for ammo reloads and ammo casings, if you had to resort to (and were lucky enough to be able to) casing your own rounds. All that brings you back to the more common firearms.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Banned User

United States
    Call it overdone...but one way or the other, people are contributing!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

Although it's probably been done to death, I was just wondering--what would be the best firearm to have in a LD-type situation...especially in terms of long arms.

what did i say. WHAT-DID-I-SAY!!!

Banned User

United States
    Well, hellsing....it's usually the people who can't contribute in any other way that nitpick.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    That's probably the best you could do over in England.
    if i was nit picking i would have made a retort here about how were not all hillbillys with guns and sung a rendition of "one time, two times, three times my cousin".

but thats just not me