Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Scene of the crime..."

Banned User

United States
    I guess you've never seen Trisha, then.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    no .and thank god

though in retrospect it could be worse, could be killroy "racist talk show host favoured by OAP's of the year 2001 thru 6"
    Last edited by Danny; 21-Apr-2006 at 02:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

United States
    I've got a soft spot in my heart for the AK-47, but the ammo would likely be hard to find (I've never seen more than one or two boxes in a Walmart, but come to think of it, there're loads in gunstores.

For a handgun I'd want something with longer range than average; something like a .22LR target shooting pistol. Screw it, I'd want anything I can get my hands on, to be honest. I'd be happy with the .45 I have now. Hitting power? Darn right. Range? Not really, but I doubt I'd be trying to pick off the dead from long range in my hideout in the Everglades.

Someone tell me, can a .22LR REALLY penetrate the front of the skull from a range of about 100 yards? I don't mean the rear or the temple or through an eye, I mean the forehead.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcades057
    Someone tell me, can a .22LR REALLY penetrate the front of the skull from a range of about 100 yards? I don't mean the rear or the temple or through an eye, I mean the forehead.
    Yes it can. I used to doubt that myself until I read a book about the hitmen of Murder Inc. They liked to use small caliber pistols and rifles when it came to assassinating. The small caliber meant practically little noise when paired with a suppressor and even without one it sounded more like a pop gun. The punching power of the .22LR is just enough to punch through the forehead.
    "I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you."
    --- Batman

Undisclosed
    30.06 for long range.

.45 M1911a1 for close range

Winchester Defender 12 gauge for close range

Once I got to the National Guard Armory it would be a different story.