Thread: Skip Vantage Point

Fiji

Skip Vantage Point

I caught Vantage Point tonight as part of some local radio station give away or something (i dunno exactly what. the tickets were given to me by a friend), which worked out because in retrospect paying for it would have been really infuriating.

In short it sucks. There's really no level on which this film works. there's no real intrigue as virtually every time something that could be of potential interest happens, the current main character (it switches... a lot) says "Oh mai Gawd" then the film rewinds and we go back to Noon where it all starts over again. The action is sub par even for a made for TV movie level, There's little to no characterization beyond generic archetypes doing exactly what the script needs them to in order to advance the story to the next rewind moment. Forrest Whitakers' entire arc is basically on long explanatory piece, filling in the gaps in the preceding arcs because the writers could be arsed into figured out a better way to organize this whole thing. Alternatively Dennis Quaid spends the entire time looking like he hasn't slept in a month and there's something terribly wrong with his ass.

All and all it just fails. theres an obligatory car chase towards the end that has moments in it lifted form the Bourne Identity, and a few others. There's never a clear reason as to why certain characters are aligned the way they are, and really most of the film suffer from a lot of events being just lazily convenient, for no reason other than to provide for a quick and tidy wrap up.

so yeah it sucked.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    oh great, so its like identity in that the same story is told like 5 times? LOL

United States
    Yeah, but Identity fairly rocked.

ummm. . . why exactly were you. . .um. . focused on Denis Quaid's butt?
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Fiji
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    Yeah, but Identity fairly rocked.

ummm. . . why exactly were you. . .um. . focused on Denis Quaid's butt?
    i was bored, and his look had a very distinctive "there's something wrong with me arse" conotation to it.

just sayin

also Identity did in fact rock.

United States
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."