Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: holy crap, starhsip troopers 3 doesnt look ****!

United States
    Starship Troopers 2: Hero of the Federation is really bad. Low budget, cheesy script, pales in comparison to the first movie.

There are some people though who enjoy 'B' scifi movies. I'd put it in the same category as the Scifi channel orginal movies like Snakehead Terror, SS Doomtrooper, or MegaSnake. If you watch these kinds of shows then you might appreciate SST2.

Otherwise start drinking a 12 pack when the credits roll. By the time it's over at least you will have a good buzz going.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Anyone who thinks Starship Trooper is a no-brainer, or a dumb film, really missed the point. The film is a comedy, filled with action. It's hilarious, while still managing to be epic and gruesomely entertaining. Definetly one of the best sci-fi flicks of the latest couple of decades.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Anyone who thinks Starship Trooper is a no-brainer, or a dumb film, really missed the point. The film is a comedy, filled with action. It's hilarious, while still managing to be epic and gruesomely entertaining.
    I so agree!

Definetly one of the best sci-fi flicks of the latest couple of decades.
    That part I'm not sure I agree with, but I see where you're coming from.

The current trailer for this third installment (note: I had no interest in seeing the second installment) looks like a cheesy-fun trailer for a video game. The fact that this is a movie leaves me with an inexplicable sense of malaise.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    First Movie was directed by the same guy that did Robocop. Had that same cheezeball feel to it. Interesting but far removed from the really really awesome book. Never saw the second, don't really care to. Does anyone remember the Starship Trooper choose your own adventure book? Am I dating myself?
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

England
    I liked ST2. I thought it was going to be a stinker but you know it was ok. Not brilliant but passable.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA