PDA

View Full Version : how often do you use cash...

Mike70
04-Mar-2008, 12:01 AM
we hardly ever use it anymore. we use check cards pretty much exclusively. couple of reasons for this - if the check card is lost or stolen a simple phone call shuts it off and will identify if someone tries to use it and where. we (like many other people) also have theft protection on our check cards, so if they are stolen and used the money that was yoinked gets put back into our account - try asking the bank to do that if you lose cash.

another reason is that with a check card you always have the money you need right in your pocket, so if something ends up costing a bit more than you thought it would, you don't have to search for an ATM to get more cash.

i was thinking about this the other day when i went into the state store to buy a bottle of booze. state stores are cash only for spirits and it dawned on me then that i probably hadn't paid cash for anything else in ages.

bassman
04-Mar-2008, 12:41 AM
I actually only use cash and checks. I've been meaning to get a card so I can order things onling, though.

slickwilly13
04-Mar-2008, 02:05 AM
I use cash, checks, and my debit card. I only use checks for huge expenses such as college tuition. If I do not have enough cash to purchase an item and I know for a fact that there is enough money in the bank, then I use the debit card. I mostly use cash.

AcesandEights
04-Mar-2008, 02:09 AM
I mix it up somewhat. It depends on where I go and who I'm doing business with.

kortick
04-Mar-2008, 03:51 AM
I use cash for most purchases.

If it is a larger amout, i use my debit card.

i never use checks, i pay bills with money orders.
They clear quicker, (the bills are paid on time always and prisons process them quicker when you are dropping money into someones acct.)
you have a reciept, and you only have to balance one account, a savings acct no checking one.

i only uses credit cards to reserve hotel rooms
or rent a car.

ProfessorChaos
04-Mar-2008, 05:29 AM
i find that cash is fine, but i try to only carry a limited amount. it's funny, but does anyone else have the mentality that once a twenty dollar bill is busted, it's as good as gone? i can hold on to a twenty forever, it seems, but once it's been split, it's gone before i realize it.

i use my debit/check card quite a bit, i guess...sometimes it just seems to easy to swipe. but it's better than just getting out cash and watching those twenties disappear.

now if only my dealer would start taking charge cards...:lol::lol:

MinionZombie
04-Mar-2008, 08:39 AM
I like to use cash in shops as much as possible, so much easier than signing or remembering your pin while making sure no chav memorises it so they can mug you for your card.

Cash is loads quicker, plus you get change which you need for parking, so...

It's also awesome just to hold a fist full of notes. :D

Danny
04-Mar-2008, 10:03 AM
i only use my card to buy stuff online, either through paypal or a reputable site like amazon, im very paranoid y'see, and i can sleep safe knowing ive actually given the money for the item myself.

Khardis
04-Mar-2008, 10:27 AM
I use cash for everything for the most part. I don't like how easily my purchases are traced when I used my cards etc. I just bought a new macbook pro with cash, i'm crazy like that.

blind2d
04-Mar-2008, 12:24 PM
cahs only!

Kaos
04-Mar-2008, 01:33 PM
I use cash for everything for the most part. I don't like how easily my purchases are traced when I used my cards etc. I just bought a new macbook pro with cash, i'm crazy like that.
Oops, now that you have mentioned it here, the shadow government knows you have a macbook!;)

kortick
04-Mar-2008, 05:52 PM
Its worse than that Kaos.

If he hooks it up to the internet
they will have his IP address and
all his personal information.

They can even use their GPS devices to
locate him and take pics of him wherever he is.

Oh god!!!

Khardis use my name, the government already
has files on me.
Save yourself.

Terran
04-Mar-2008, 05:59 PM
I use cash for everything for the most part. I don't like how easily my purchases are traced when I used my cards etc. i'm crazy like that.

Me too.

I dont like the idea of anyone knowing anything about me...especially strangers....:shifty:

Mike70
04-Mar-2008, 06:06 PM
Me too.

I dont like the idea of anyone knowing anything about me...especially strangers....:shifty:

i never really worry about that sort of thing. i'm just not that paranoid about such things.

Terran
04-Mar-2008, 06:12 PM
i never really worry about that sort of thing. i'm just not that paranoid about such things.

Man, work any retail job....its soooo ridiculouslly easy to use any credit card that has been used within the store....

All an employee needs to do to steal your credit card information to use it, is to want to steal it....

Just working jobs like that during the summer has made me never want to use credit cards...

Mike70
04-Mar-2008, 06:24 PM
granted it is easy but i don't use credit cards and my checkcards have theft protection on them.

and as for the govt. tracking me - we are talking about a govt. that can't balance its own check book or provide basic healthcare for its own citizens, so i don't take them too seriously.

capncnut
04-Mar-2008, 07:04 PM
how often do you use cash...
Only when lighting up cigars. :D

Actually, I'm a cash kinda guy. I only use the debit card for concerts, everything else I pay with cash. People that pay with credit cards are parasites who keep supermarket queues long.

Mike70
04-Mar-2008, 07:16 PM
add to that the fact that credit cards are nothing more than ultra high interest traps that suck people in and cause them to spend the rest of their lives paying off.

never use the things except to reserve rental cars or hotel room.

Khardis
04-Mar-2008, 08:19 PM
Oops, now that you have mentioned it here, the shadow government knows you have a macbook!;)

Well i don't like using my cards because they track purchases THEN know my billing address and send me hordes of unsolicited phone calls and ads in the mail... but yeah what you were saying too... X_X

Its not about paranoia, its about using your brain. I don't like having a mailbox filled with dozens of advertisements. I don't want to get phone calls at 7AM on saturday asking me if I would like to upgrade to this or buy that.

Mike70
04-Mar-2008, 08:29 PM
Its not about paranoia, its about using your brain. I don't like having a mailbox filled with dozens of advertisements. I don't want to get phone calls at 7AM on saturday asking me if I would like to upgrade to this or buy that.

that has never happened to me even one single time. i have never gotten any junk mail that i could tie back to a checkcard purchase. ever.

Khardis
04-Mar-2008, 09:46 PM
that has never happened to me even one single time. i have never gotten any junk mail that i could tie back to a checkcard purchase. ever.

Do you still live with your Mom and Dad?

Mike70
04-Mar-2008, 09:52 PM
Do you still live with your Mom and Dad?

very, very funny.

look mr. paranoia why is it that anyone who doesn't agree with you and your bull sh*t is either dumb, a moron or lives with their parents.

get the fu ck over yourself and you are going on the ignore list so i no longer have to even look at the crap you write.

capncnut
04-Mar-2008, 10:03 PM
http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/1441/sirjimmysavileobeih3.jpg
"Now then, now then..."

Andy
04-Mar-2008, 10:12 PM
Virtually never.

Never carry more than a tenner around with me, i either use my debit or credit card to buy almost everything.

Mike70
04-Mar-2008, 10:16 PM
Virtually never.

Never carry more than a tenner around with me, i either use my debit or credit card to buy almost everything.

better watch out andy, khardis will be asking you if you live with your parents or if you use your brain. because THEY are tracking you and sending you junk mail. what a f**king joke.

Khardis
04-Mar-2008, 10:42 PM
very, very funny.

look mr. paranoia why is it that anyone who doesn't agree with you and your bull sh*t is either dumb, a moron or lives with their parents.

get the fu ck over yourself and you are going on the ignore list so i no longer have to even look at the crap you write.

I will note that you didn't answer the question.

Mike70
04-Mar-2008, 10:54 PM
oh and just for the record (not that i have to answer to dickheads like you khardis) i haven't lived with my parents since 1991.

close it up andy.

Andy
04-Mar-2008, 10:56 PM
Topic closed at the creators request.

Sorry gents.