PDA

View Full Version : UK promo campaign

capncnut
05-Mar-2008, 11:07 PM
Is it me or is Diary getting some good promotions here at the moment? I've had Channel 4 on for a couple of hours and the TV spot has been on about ten times, flip through the papers and there's some nice juicy ads and I've noticed some billboard-age going on in town.

About bloody time as well!

Neil
06-Mar-2008, 08:06 AM
Is it me or is Diary getting some good promotions here at the moment? I've had Channel 4 on for a couple of hours and the TV spot has been on about ten times, flip through the papers and there's some nice juicy ads and I've noticed some billboard-age going on in town.

About bloody time as well!

I've not seen anything part from a poster at a cinema, where it's maybe not even showing :rolleyes:

DjfunkmasterG
06-Mar-2008, 11:22 AM
At least you guys got some ads, and commercials.

We didn't get jack here in the states aside from one radio spot I heard on the way to work, and one 10 second spot on local DC station. Only reason I caught the movie was because someone in this forum was gracious enough to list the theaters showing Diary in the states.

bassman
06-Mar-2008, 11:44 AM
At least you guys got some ads, and commercials.

We didn't get jack here in the states aside from one radio spot I heard on the way to work, and one 10 second spot on local DC station. Only reason I caught the movie was because someone in this forum was gracious enough to list the theaters showing Diary in the states.

I didn't see ANY advertising for the flick. Like you, the only way I knew it was playing was though this site.

What are the TV spots like, Capn?

Danny
06-Mar-2008, 12:06 PM
aye, bus stop posters, posters on the sides of double deckers, web crap galore, tv spots and ads before 9 o clock, i never saw ANYTHING when ladn was released.

Neil
06-Mar-2008, 12:32 PM
A mate of mine heard Romero on BBC4 radio this morning obviously plugging the film...

MinionZombie
06-Mar-2008, 12:58 PM
I've seen a TV spot once, and I saw a poster at Cardiff cinema when I went to see the awesomeness that is Rambo.

I've seen the odd ad here and there, but seem to be personally missing the trailers on TV. :p:rolleyes:

I saw plenty of adverts for Land though, that TV spot was on loads.

capncnut
06-Mar-2008, 03:53 PM
What are the TV spots like, Capn?
Here ya go, Bassman.

SMSkKOX4EX8
Iff0tO8hxpM

Debbieangel
06-Mar-2008, 04:24 PM
You guys think of us when you go see it we have our tongues hanging out wishing we were there at the theaters with you guys!!
Have fun and dont forget us eating our heart out here!:(:)

MinionZombie
07-Mar-2008, 08:58 AM
Providing everything goes to plan, I'm mere hours away from seeing it.

*tickles balls in a fit of excitement* :)

Neil
07-Mar-2008, 11:27 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7280793.stm

[QUOTE=capncnut;135357]Here ya go, Bassman.

SMSkKOX4EX8

I don't like how that body sits up so quick... They should be slow! Not fast!! :rant:

MinionZombie
07-Mar-2008, 11:55 AM
"Every time I do one of these, I spend all my time in the shower thinking how I'm going to knock these guys off," he laughs.

"That's where the applause comes from in my films - good zombie kills!"

Damn straight. :)

Blimey, I'm setting off in an hour to the cinema, in 2 hours I'll be struggling to contain myself as the film gets underway - as long as everything goes to plan of course. Last time I went to the cinema to see Rambo, my nearest had no water and was closed, so we had to go to the next city (all-in-all that day it was a 105 mile round trip).

*rubs hands*

Canny wait! Canny wait!

bassman
07-Mar-2008, 11:57 AM
Here ya go, Bassman.

SMSkKOX4EX8

I don't like how that body sits up so quick... They should be slow! Not fast!! :rant:

It's not that fast in the film. I think they just made it faster for the promos.

cokey
07-Mar-2008, 12:31 PM
A mate of mine heard Romero on BBC4 radio this morning obviously plugging the film...

Actually he hardly plugged it at all. He pretty much said that the Zombie movies were his "ticket to ride and if they nuked Washington next week, he could glue on zombies and get a movie deal out of it!":hyper:

You can hear the interview at http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/networks/radio4/aod.shtml?radio4/today_thu
just fast-forward to 2hr 20m - it's only a few minutes long and wasnt particularly insightful.

capncnut
07-Mar-2008, 05:09 PM
Been back from seeing Diary for a few hours now. I'll get around to writing a review soon when I can manage it - got Bronchitis at the moment and I'm all messed up. :dead:

Summed up briefly: same as what I said before, it's okay. I prefer Land myself. My main problem is that it feels too different from the others, it's a new franchise and it shows.

MinionZombie
07-Mar-2008, 05:25 PM
Indeed they did bassman, fast for the promo (it's a common thing to do), but in the movie it's much more natural pace...how do I know? I've just come back from seeing it, wahoo!

I'll post my proper thoughts on it later, but my immediate reaction is I dig it. It takes a little getting into, what with the first person style, although thankfully the wobbly stuff calms down quite swiftly and professionalism kicks in (these being film students), which makes for a more comfortable viewing experience.

The first person perspective is a very, very difficult thing to pull off, but I think Romero at the very least makes the passing grade on this issue, despite certain 'effects' (fake tape glitches mainly, or the sheer lush quality of downloaded video) and certain moments that break the first person realism (a few times the shots cut in a way that doesn't make sense for the first person perspective) ... but these are niggly issues to be honest, nothing to get bothered about.

I think I prefer Land of the Dead over Diary, but I still really enjoyed Diary - which had some of the most entertaining zombie gore I've seen in ages. Land was a slaughterhouse by comparison, but Diary definitely has the greater gore gags.

I'll let it rest on my head for at least a few hours before I attempt to sum it all up in a review, but basically a thumbs up from me. :thumbsup:

I'll also no doubt do a little blog about the experience too...