PDA

View Full Version : can any WoW player explain this to me

Danny
06-Mar-2008, 11:15 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/WoWScrnShot_030608_191012.jpg

In the middle of duskwood is this big valley with this in the middle but nothign there, adn nothing to do, i know sometimes a "big **** off dragon (tm)" shows up sometimes but what is the actual point compared to the undead/plague ridden theme that runs through the rest of the darkshire area?
I can get if its meant to be like an entrance to the emerald dream and thereofre powerful enough to repel the scourge but still, being a romero fan i wanted less night elf and more:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/WoWScrnShot_022508_131808.jpg

Terran
06-Mar-2008, 11:44 PM
I dunno I just started playing the game yesterday

mista_mo
06-Mar-2008, 11:47 PM
Why yes, what you are viwing is sometimes referred to as "homodwarvenarachnicepheilia". It is when a Dwarf and a spider get freaky, and produce little ugly spider basturds with beards and a penchant for drinking heavily and bar fights.

Seriusly, I dunno, I just hate Wow.

Khardis
07-Mar-2008, 01:42 AM
From what I remember from the Lore Darkshire is basically haunted and cursed at the same time, mostly because of Karazhan which sits on some sort of temporal rift which functions as a waypoint of portals. Which would be why Medivh created his tower there, its the most potent area of "magical energies" in all of Azeroth.

As for the Giant portal, yes it leads to the emerald dream. There are several portals across Azeroth that lead there. They pre-existed most of the land you know as Darkshire and all that. The Big dragon that shows up was a part of the long long quest series etc that lead up to the release of AQ20 and AQ40 where we had to battle an "Old God". Evidently the old god C'Thun had found a way into the emerald dream and corrupted a number of the green dragons there which then emerged from the Portals. This isn't unheard of in WoW lore, the Aspect of the black dragons was also corrupted originally by the old gods as they whispered to him from his underground lair for 100s of years and drove him off the brink and turned him from good to bad and against the other dragon flights.