PDA

View Full Version : Theaters

B. Brown
07-Mar-2008, 01:07 AM
Is this actually going to have a worldwide release... and not in just selected theaters?

Dead Hoosier
07-Mar-2008, 01:40 AM
Sure doesn't look like it. It took a while, but I'm totally over it -- it being the ****-brained release. It's a bungled mess.

bassman
07-Mar-2008, 02:08 AM
"world-wide release"? There's really no such thing. There are different distribution deals for different contries. And on top of that...it's an independent film. They don't get HUGE distribution deals.

Dead Hoosier
07-Mar-2008, 02:31 AM
You know what he means Bassman...something more than this bull****.

bassman
07-Mar-2008, 11:54 AM
You know what he means Bassman...something more than this bull****.

No, I don't actually. It depends on where he's at. It was limited in the states and already out of most theaters, but it's got a wider release in the UK that starts today, if i'm not mistaken.

Most Independent films are limited releases. Only the ones that have a huge amount of success are released wider in following weeks.

Danny
07-Mar-2008, 12:10 PM
i just got back from a job interview at cineworld, the manager said that its only being given a limit release due to poor reviews and the fact that land was financially a bomb, least thats why its not even showing at any cineworlds with 9 or less screens.

bassman
07-Mar-2008, 12:14 PM
i just got back from a job interview at cineworld, the manager said that its only being given a limit release due to poor reviews and the fact that land was financially a bomb, least thats why its not even showing at any cineworlds with 9 or less screens.

I thought Land did pretty good over on your side of the pond? I heard that it did better there than it did in the US....