PDA

View Full Version : snowed in!

Mike70
08-Mar-2008, 01:03 PM
so a massive blizzard descended on SW ohio yesterday afternoon and it continued to snow all through the night. there is at least 8-10 inches out there right now (maybe more, i haven't been out yet) and it is going continue snowing all day today. all told there could be as much as a foot of snow by tonight.

there is a level 3 snow emergency in the county i live in (meaning all the roads in the county are closed and you can be arrested for driving in a non-emergency situation) so i don't guess i'll be going to indy to see diary either today or tomorrow like i had hoped.:(

we made a trip out yesterday to stock up on some things. so now we just have to sit it out.

guess we'll be watching lots of movies this weekend.

mista_mo
08-Mar-2008, 01:06 PM
man, we were supposed to get a massive storm up here as well, thank God it never snowed that much, I hear ottawa got hit pretty hard though.

guess ur stuck with ur internet family eh?

p2501
08-Mar-2008, 03:27 PM
man, we were supposed to get a massive storm up here as well, thank God it never snowed that much, I hear ottawa got hit pretty hard though.

guess ur stuck with ur internet family eh?
oh **** you live in ohio.

I'm sorry.

Once while working for met-ed (say 2003) i had to run our emergency respense team for Ohio Edison, the Illuminating Company, & Toledo Edison and lemme tell you there are some dumb Mofa's out there.

I may rip on New Jersey alot. but if i could Thermo-nuke one state ohio would be it.

FoodFight
08-Mar-2008, 08:41 PM
That must suck. I'm enjoying t-shirt and shorts weather.

kortick
08-Mar-2008, 11:02 PM
I live in Providence where it rains 2 days out of 3

Right now we have enough rain
to make it all wet outside

In fact the rain falling off the metal gutters
reminds me of the sound of urine splashing
into a filthy Texaco latrine.

Enjoy the snow Scip!

Skippy911sc
09-Mar-2008, 12:47 AM
We were supposed to get hit by that storm as well...alas it missed us...just south. However we did get an ice storm a few days earlier that took out 5 trees in my yard and the power for over a day. I will be spending the weekend cutting up trees...I would much rather be inside watching movies...plus with a foot of snow the ATV action would be FABULOUS!!!

Stay warm!

MissJacksonCA
09-Mar-2008, 06:48 AM
man who knew it snowed in dallas? I didn't but it sure did snow the other day... this constant cold/hot every other day weather is giving me bipolar seasonal depression

Danny
09-Mar-2008, 11:03 AM
and its been battering down with sunlight this week around here, i think its a weather exchange service, like england and america got divorced and we only get the sunny days so many weeks in a year and get dumpe dwith the acne ridden, unathletic rainy season instead :lol:

mista_mo
09-Mar-2008, 11:15 AM
well, karma just hit. Stepped outside of the apartment after waking up (about 7 or 8 pm0 to goto the bars and boom, snow height varying from 1.5 ft - 3ft, pain in the ass.

Still made it to the bars and got tanked though, so that's always good.