PDA

View Full Version : So uh...Smash Bros Brawl?

CoinReturn
10-Mar-2008, 05:44 PM
Arguably the biggest Wii game to date has been launched upon the world. I had to force myself to turn it off last night, as I was desperately trying to unlock Sonic the Hedgehog. Any HPOTD'ers check this game out? Lets get some online battles goin'! :sneaky:

slickwilly13
10-Mar-2008, 05:52 PM
I haven't bought it, yet. I am thinking about it. I played two other games from the series. The first one and another on Gamecube. They were ok games. I was disappointed in the last boss of the first game. A pair of hands? Wtf? Since then, I have lost interest in the series. I do not know if this is a game for me or not.

MikePizzoff
10-Mar-2008, 06:27 PM
I love the Smash Bros games. I don't own a Wii, though. Perhaps I can convince my friend to buy this game...

Terran
10-Mar-2008, 08:23 PM
I am planning on buying this later this week...or whenever I manage to get out to get it

capncnut
10-Mar-2008, 08:58 PM
I am planning on buying this later this week...or whenever I manage to get out to get it
Ditto. I'm definitely gonna buy this but I'm too messed up with bronchitis to wanna go out for the time being.

Terran
11-Mar-2008, 01:05 AM
Ditto. I'm definitely gonna buy this but I'm too messed up with bronchitis to wanna go out for the time being.

Im just lazy

DeadJonas190
11-Mar-2008, 06:40 AM
I have it, my friend code is 4081-5165-8269

Danny
11-Mar-2008, 07:29 AM
why must you cut me open and wound me...... :dead:

CoinReturn
11-Mar-2008, 06:59 PM
I'll add you, Jonas

fartpants
14-Mar-2008, 01:50 PM
i got it and it cost me a week of sleepless nights playing it...the game rocks

blind2d
14-Mar-2008, 02:32 PM
i'm thinking about getting a wii just to play this game

Khardis
14-Mar-2008, 03:48 PM
I got it...it's ok... but wow. I am sore that I bought a Wii. This was the reason to get one and this game would have played perfectly fine on a gamecube. The only real difference between this one and the lat one is the super smash moves and some different backgrounds. What a let down. Wii is officially the worst system I have ever seen in the last 10 years or so. And I owned Sega 32X.

Its just gimmick after gimmick with the Japanese and this thing I don't know why they cant just make it work good. I cant even plug my wii up to my 40 Inch LCD HD tv without it looking like utter ****e, instead it has to stayed hooked up to some crappy 19 inch tv I got.

CoinReturn
14-Mar-2008, 04:35 PM
I got it...it's ok... but wow. I am sore that I bought a Wii. This was the reason to get one and this game would have played perfectly fine on a gamecube. The only real difference between this one and the lat one is the super smash moves and some different backgrounds. What a let down. Wii is officially the worst system I have ever seen in the last 10 years or so. And I owned Sega 32X.

Its just gimmick after gimmick with the Japanese and this thing I don't know why they cant just make it work good. I cant even plug my wii up to my 40 Inch LCD HD tv without it looking like utter ****e, instead it has to stayed hooked up to some crappy 19 inch tv I got.
While I agree that the Wii is my least favorite console in the past generation, I'm still enjoying it for what it is; a console meant for social gaming. Even then, there are some great games for the hardcore. No More Heroes, Zack and Wiki, House of the Dead 2&3 Return, and Mario Galaxy all offer great single-player experiences.

As for the Wii looking like crap on your LCD, it looked like utter **** on my HD set too, until I bought component cables, just like 360. They usually retail for $30, but I found a website that has em for less than $5. I don't know how they can sell for so cheap, but they made my games look way more crisp, with increased depth of color. Check em out:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10830&cs_id=1083001&p_id=3490&seq=1&format=2

Also, the online mode for SSBB is a lagfest :annoyed:

Edit: I got Gannondorf, he pwns :D

DeadJonas190
17-Mar-2008, 07:26 AM

I don't know, I just hooked mine up to a 55 inch Sony Bravia HDTV and it looked amazing, but I have heard that if you don't have the component cables it can be a problem. It definatly doesn't come close to my Xbox 360 in terms of clarity, but it does look nice.

I do have to make a comment on the gimmick thing. If the Wii is such a gimmick then why is it outselling everything else on the market? I consistantly hear people call it a gimmick yet there are still line ups in stores every week when the shipments come in and the system has been out nearly a year and a half.

Anyway, I understand the Wii is not everybodys cup of tea, but I like it, it's a lot of fun.

I'm not saying it's the best system ever, nothing will ever touch the SNES in my mind, but I am saying that it's not a gimmick like people like to think. It is a damn fine system that puts the fun before the graphics because when it comes down to it, a game can be beautiful but if it isn't fun it's not worth the price of the disk it is on. I see so many great looking games that just plain suck because all the development time was spent on making it pretty instead of making the game fun.

Anyway, back to the subject at hand. CoinReturn, I need your friend code to add you. Unfortunatly Nintendo isn't doing the right thing and unifying Wii friend codes with the games so I will need that code to add you.

CoinReturn
17-Mar-2008, 06:13 PM
My bad, I forgot to put it up:

0817-3437-2578

I added you.