PDA

View Full Version : So who got a battering then?

capncnut
10-Mar-2008, 09:25 PM
Apparently Britain's worst weather in many years; cold temperatures, flooding, gales up to 80mph, etc. This morning some bloke on GMTV was being blown about like a ragdoll in a hurricane on Brighton beach this morning, I had to laugh. It did calm down this afternoon but it's just started to pick up again.

My street in Bromley is savaged. From the bedroom I can see trees blowing from side to side, park gates clanging open and shut and the remnants of somebody's fence blowing up the road. The sound of the wind bouncing off the windows don't sound too healthy as it happens.

Anyone else experiencing this nastiness?

CornishCorpse
10-Mar-2008, 09:41 PM
: Holds hand up : Horrible weather man, I woke up this morning with my girlfriend late as usual only to step outside and sucker punched by mother nature constantly till my bus arrived.

Sorry to hear about the damages hope you can claim but hey it could be worse. I saw more than one metal sign that was leaning towards a car while shaking in the wind although if thats chavs or the weather Im not sure :D

Any news on when its going to get better? Its just getting worse and worse here. I know a couple villages are flooded and alot of diversions are being forced into place more and more aswell as the sandbags being put on everything. The power is going out everywhere luckily mine is stable after a hiccup earlier when we lost it for half an hour.

capncnut
10-Mar-2008, 10:45 PM
Fortunately my house was untouched but the same can't be said for the rest of the street.

Any news on when its going to get better? Its just getting worse and worse here.
It's gonna pick up more later on during the night. About 40 new flood warnings have been announced and the gales are spreading wider. Not good at all, man.

Skippy911sc
10-Mar-2008, 11:15 PM
Well on the other side of the pond it is not much different. I lost 5 or six trees in my yard due to the ice and wind. I went for a short walk after the storm and it was terrifying...I would hear a crack (sounded like a .22 cal) then all of a sudden crash a limb or tree would come crashing down. Horrible winter this year...first time in a long while.

Danny
11-Mar-2008, 07:36 AM
Actually its been unbearably sunny 'round here, though ive been trying to ring up royal mail TWO ****ING MILES DOWN A STRAIGHT ROAD who claim to have weather issues when there aint a cloud in the sky, so i probably got some big office just to get ym superbad psoter redilivered.:mad:

Craig
11-Mar-2008, 09:07 PM
I slept right the first night of storms, but throughout the day it was terrible, and it's still pretty bad weather now. I saw in the Bournemouth Echo that someones house got ripped in half by lighting, now I only remember seeing one flash of lightining yesterday, so assuming that I didn't miss any others around here then that must be the same one.

Chic Freak
12-Mar-2008, 07:14 PM
Yep, yep, it's windy in Somerset too. I spent 20 minutes doing my hair this afternoon, including at least 5 minutes of solid blasting with hairspray, only to have it blown out of all recognition in the time it took to get from the front door to my car :/ Bloody nature.

MinionZombie
13-Mar-2008, 12:00 PM
We had rain, and strong wind...nothing more than a couple of plant pots knocked over though.