PDA

View Full Version : oh now this just keeps getting better

Danny
12-Mar-2008, 11:23 PM
first off we get this: http://kotaku.com/366370/the-haunted-ms-pac-man

"Everyone knows that Ms. Pac Man is filled with ghosts, four of them to be specific. But a fifth ghost?

That's what a Boston-area Craigslister claimed when he was contacted to ask why he was giving away a Ms. Pac Man cabinet for free.

Someone on ArcadeControls.com contacted the cabinet owner for the explanation, which involves poltergeist, a crying 3-year-old and a "dark figure."

I sent a message to see if anyone had claimed it and if they had any pics. I got a response back saying that it was available but no pictures. I emailed back asking why they where getting rid of it for free. Here is the response I got.
"When I bought this machine the previous owner told me it was haunted. I laughed, didn't believe him, because I didn't believe in that sort of thing.

Got a bad feeling the day it was delivered. Game started on its own in the middle of the night several times, had a tech service the machine three times (very pricy housecalls), but he couldn't find the problem.

Three-year old daughter started talking about the "man in the video machine", didn't think much of it, then my wife saw a dark figure move across the basement and into the machine. She ran out of the house, would not return until the machine was out of the house. I moved it to my business garage (two miles away), and several times I have opened the garage to find tools missing or scattered, things tipped over.

This is why I am giving away a $1000 machine for free."

Other forum goers who emailed the man were told that he was giving it away because he's a lucky man. So either he's changing his story, or has decided ditching a haunted cabinet would be easier if people didn't know the back story.

The Craigslist posting was still up when I checked this morning, so I emailed the owner, but haven't heard back. Maybe he's been sucked into the Ms. Pac Man."

and now a day ater weve got this- http://kotaku.com/367097/revenge-of-the-haunted-ms-pac+man

Someone call Scooby!

Yesterday we wrote about the haunted Ms. Pac-Man that a Bostonian was giving away because it made his little girl cry and his wife run screaming from the house.

We, and many of you, made jokes and laughed, saying how much we wish we could have gotten a free "haunted" Ms. Pac-Man cabinet. Well, apparently, the person who did land it isn't so happy today. Was it a scam? No, says the new owner, but it was freakin' haunted!!!

Free arcade game Ms Pacman. We got this game yesterday from CL. The owner warned us this was haunted and based on what we experienced last night we don't want this in our house anymore.
Game is in our backyard and under blue tarp. THE FIRST person who picks it up gets it. The person who takes it must understand this is not a joke but that this is serious.

WE WILL NOT ANSWER YOU E-MAILS OR QUESTIONS. WE DON"T WANT TO GIVE OUR ADDRESS OUT TO THOUISANDS OF STRANGERS. WE WILL PICK ONE PERSON, WE WILL CONTACT THAT PERSON ONLY. WE WILL REMOVE THE AD FROM CRASGS LIST WHEN THIS MACHINE IS GONE.

I of course emailed the guy immediately asking for both the cabinet and an interview. We have no way of knowing if this really is the guy who got the cabinet, but it still equally amuses and frightens me... mostly amuses though.

And for the love of God, if you are the one who ends up getting this haunted cabinet... take video and send it our way. It's been a day or two since I saw drunken gnomes and a I need a good supernatural laugh.

if anyone on here lives near boston, please pic up this free haunted game cabinet and set up a camera near it, the world needs proof! :lol:

blind2d
13-Mar-2008, 12:37 PM
who you gonna call? Craig's list! ...I-I mean, Ghostbusters!... yeah.