PDA

View Full Version : Project Origin

Neil
14-Mar-2008, 10:41 AM
This is the only thing I've seen that makes me want to upgrade my PC (which can't run anything like this now - too old)!

http://ve3d.ign.com/videos/23643/PC/Project-Origin

(Basically the successor to FEAR)

MinionZombie
14-Mar-2008, 11:59 AM
Ah mate, tell me about it. My PC is no longer capable of running the new games - one of the reasons I got an Xbox360 - although I should be able to run STALKER: Clear Sky (as it's the same as the first engine wise and that, well actually it's improved, but that should just mean it'll run better) ... and then there's Battlefield Heroes which has really low specs on purpose, so that'll be interesting to try.

I never played the original FEAR, only the demo. One of those games which didn't work on my PC, the engine wasn't adaptable enough (HL2 and Doom3 were games which could work on a wide variety of rigs, but FEAR was much narrower in that respect).

Looks rather nifty though. :)

Neil
14-Mar-2008, 12:02 PM
Ah mate, tell me about it. My PC is no longer capable of running the new games - one of the reasons I got an Xbox360 - although I should be able to run STALKER: Clear Sky (as it's the same as the first engine wise and that, well actually it's improved, but that should just mean it'll run better) ... and then there's Battlefield Heroes which has really low specs on purpose, so that'll be interesting to try.

I never played the original FEAR, only the demo. One of those games which didn't work on my PC, the engine wasn't adaptable enough (HL2 and Doom3 were games which could work on a wide variety of rigs, but FEAR was much narrower in that respect).

Looks rather nifty though. :)

I just can't justify (or afford) £1500 for a PC to play a few games :rant:

MinionZombie
14-Mar-2008, 12:07 PM
Ditto, hence the Xbox360. :)

Although I'd dearly love to continue playing PC games as well, I just canny afford it right now. No doubt when I get a new computer in the future I'll pick it up again.

Terran
14-Mar-2008, 12:16 PM

Theres always theft.. ..

MinionZombie
14-Mar-2008, 12:24 PM
Theres always theft.. ..
Or prostitution if you suck at thieving...

...but can you suck at sucking? Hmmm...:lol:

Danny
14-Mar-2008, 01:49 PM
Or prostitution if you suck at thieving...

...but can you suck at sucking? Hmmm...:lol:

the quote "i dont wanna suck dick at ****ing pussy" would be apt there. :lol: